Chapter 10

Hey there~ if you're reading this, then thank you for your support. I'm trying to speed things up and go to the more important events. Here's the next chapter, so I hope you like it. Enjoy~......

The match was still in progress, as Karasuno and Date Kogyo were going back and forth with attacks, until Karasuno won their first set. Ukai explained some of the positions, while Mizuki read them the tactics they should use. When watching them play, the boys were having some rough edges but sill hung on. From the other court, Irihata and Mizoguchi saw them as Karasuno was huddled up in a group. 

"They're doing good so far," Mizoguchi implied.

"Even so," Irihata spoke, "Karasuno will be at a disadvantage, and must find a way to beat Date Tech. They'll be at lost if the other team wins the second set..." He paused when seeing Mizuki glance their way. She gave a wave and smiled. Irihata and Mizoguchi did the same, bowing their heads before they turned back to their team. When the boys were back on the court, they played through and through. Mizuki was on the bench as the gears in her mind were processing.

'Up till now,' she thought, 'positions... tactics... and the will of each player.... all of them have been effective for both teams. With Hint's position on vanguard, were at a slight advantage... but Aone's block reading hasn't faltered just yet. As for Asahi.... his blocks haven't shown much just yet. Still....' She glanced at him as he tried to spike another. 

'That won't stop him.' Suddenly, she saw Hinata get flustered when serving the ball out of bounds. Kageyama was yelling at him while Tanaka blocked him, and Sawamura was comforting her brother. She had to smile as she watched Hinata get benched with the others. 

"I thought he had me," Hinata spoke to Yamaguchi, "but at least Asahi-san is on vanguard now. We'll be okay as long as the ace is here. I have faith in him." He was brimming with confidence as much as Asahi was. 

"I agree," Mizuki whispered. 

Within the few minutes, Asahi was doing his best to spike the ball, but the blockers were still coming on strong. Nishinoya recovered the serve. 

"One more! Left!" Asahi shouted. Kageyama served it to him. Asahi jumped the same time as the blockers did, and both Aone and Asahi touched the ball.

"I-its a joust!" Asahi grit his teeth as he squared off with Aone to push the ball forward.

"Gasp!" 

"Kuh!"

However, Aone pushed even harder as the ball slipped from Asahi's hand. At that moment, Karasuno thought they would lose. But that's not what Nishinoya thought. Just like instincts, the libero used his left foot to receive the ball. Everyone was shocked at first, but that's where the real fun starts. The crowd cheered. Ukai, Takeda and Kiyoko were in awe, but not as much as Mizuki. That's when she took a deep breath.