23.

It was Friday at Zama's house she was preparing dinner for her friends because they had never been in the house since the engagement party and she never thanked them for that night.

Their friends were coming besides Anga who was out of town.

Elam: I can't wait for this night.

Zama: Me too but that's a bit odd coming from you usually I'm the one who is always eager to see my girls.

Elam: No baby I can't wait to see Nad's husband...

Zama: (She hit him playfully) don't you dare baby. She needs our love and support right now don't give her pity looks, just don't be awkward.

Elam: Ouch baby! (He groaned from the hitting) as long you don't expect me to be friends with the guy I ain't about to do that to my boy.

Zama: Please! (She rolled her eyes) your boy will get over it. And I hope you haven't told him about the marriage. Nad made it clear that she will tell him herself.

Elam: Well not for long because he's about to find out tonight.

Zama: What are talking about babe? Is he not out of town?

Elam: He was, but I told him about the dinner and you know how obsessed he is with your friend he would do anything just to see her.

Zama: No, no, no! ( She panicked) I must inform her at least she must know.

Elam: No baby don't tell her anything. Maybe it's about time the truth comes out so that my boy will move on too. I think it's a good thing.

Zama: Good thing for who? You knew all this time but you didn't tell me he was coming? You know this is gonna hurt my friend because I told her he was not going to be here.

Elam: Baby I'm sorry but he told me he was on his way just hours ago I swear I didn't know he was coming.

Zama: You are so selfish, how could you not tell me earlier?  now, what do I say to Nad?

Elam: Damn Zama! He is my friend too I want him here. Why is it wrong for him to be here? What's next gonna happen, Anga won't be welcome here because of your friend who is playing my friend and I don't have a problem with her even after she betrayed my boy. 

Elam stormed out of the kitchen but Zama followed him and stopped him from walking away.

Zama: Geeez! Baby, I'm sorry you're right. Are we fighting right now? (She asked in a small innocent voice)

He stopped and hugged her tight.

Elam: Baby I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you like that. We are not fighting okay, we are just arguing but you have to understand that I can't keep my boy away from here. He is my friend too.

Zama: I'm sorry babe you are right they are both our friends and they should be here. Please come help me set the table.

It was almost 7 pm when their first guests came in. Kyle and Lisa were the first.

Zama: Hey hey welcome guys. ( They hugged each other)

Kyle: Where is that creepy man of yours?

Zama: ( She laughed) he is in the lounge.

He kissed Lisa's cheek then went to join Elam who was sipping on his Whiskey watching a Rugby news update while waiting on their guests.