26.

STILL AT ANGA'S

Anga: Come in and you better make it quick.

Nadia: I am sorry.

Anga: It's cool. Is that all?

Nadia: You wouldn't understand why I did it even if I were to try and make you understand.

Anga: I said it alright.

Nadia: I love you, you are the only man I have ever loved...

Anga: Wow that's really funny. You have never loved me, you fooled me and I believed you. I still fail to understand why you did what you did to me.

Nadia: (She came closer to him).
I did it for us, it was the only I could stay here and keep on seeing you. I chose to stay and get married, for you.

Anga: Oh wow! Nice, you are good really good( He mocked her clapping hands). But unfortunately, I don't want anything to do with you I will never forgive you for the humiliation and for breaking my heart.

Nadia: You don't mean that Anga. (She cried)

Anga: Cry me a river for all I care! And get the fuck out of my place.

Nadia: Please! Stop! (She cried harder) I'm begging you!

Anga: Stop embarrassing your self you are a married woman. Go home to your husband.

Nadia: No! (She screamed)

Anga felt so bad seeing the woman he loved crying her tears out. He wanted to hurt her more than she did but he felt sorry for her, but he felt betrayed after she begged her and confessed his love to her. He came closer and held her in his arms even though it hurt that she wasn't his anymore.

She cried until she was calm. He sited her on the couch.

Anga: Why do you keep on doing this to me?

Nadia: I don't know. When I saw you today with that woman I just lost it. I guess I know how you feel now and I'm so sorry that I put you through this whole thing.

Anga: Do you love him?

Nadia: (She sat down then sighed) You know I never knew what love was like. I fooled around because I knew that one day I will be someone's wife. ( She sighed) Then I met you and I felt something different, I felt alive, You made me believe in love and you're the only person I have ever loved.

Anga: Then why are you with him?

Nadia: I grew up knowing that there is someone arranged for me to marry. That's why I was always happy full of life and enjoying myself because I knew that once I marry I will never get that freedom.

But I thought they had changed their minds when time passed without anyone bringing it up but today here I am married but in love with someone else.

Anga: I am sorry I didn't know that. But ain't you allowed to say no?

Nadia: I tried but my father told me that he was gonna disown me and I couldn't have that. My family is my everything and my father's reputation would have been ruined and his dignity too.

Anga: I guess we should accept that we can never be together.

Nadia: I want you to hold me tonight for the last time.