11.

At Elam's condo...

Zama and Elam were still in bed and Zama was still asleep. Elam was facing her just looking at her angelic face he was grateful to God for keeping her safe for him all these years. He was amused to finally have her by his side. She finally opened her eyes a little and quickly closed them because of the bright light in the room.

She could feel that he was staring at her and she covered her face with her hands. And he tried to uncover her but she held too tight.

Zama: Why are staring at me like that?

Elam: Why not. You look so peaceful when you are asleep and you are still the prettiest girl I have seen.

Zama: (she uncovered her face while giggling)You are such a charmer.

Elam: Always been baby.

Zama: Ooh please don't flatter yourself. I was kidding.

Elam: That's not what you were saying last night though.

Zama: Ooh no, what did I say?

Elam: Nah I ain't telling. But I will tell you this, it was an amazing night, I had so much fun and I know I ambushed you and your friends but I couldn't just let you leave like that. So thank you for coming through last night

Zama: Well my friends wanted to go out so yeah it was fun I enjoyed it too.

Elam: Your friends? How about you didn't wanna come?

Zama: I had plans already. Ooh okay honestly I was scared this would happen and I didn't wanna get close to you. Okay!

Elam: Too late. It doesn't get any closer than this. (He pulled her closer to him)

They stared at each other in comfortable silence and Zama was dying to kiss his lips she wondered how it would feel like to kiss him again. Would she get goosebumps and leave her breathless and weak with butterflies in the stomach just like it used to back in the day?

Elam couldn't take it anymore. He smashed her lips and she quickly responded to the kiss. The kiss was more emotional with passion it had a meaning they finally broke it after what seemed like forever.

Zama couldn't describe even to herself the feeling she felt. It was different from what she thought and imagined. The feeling was on another level, she felt like her lips belonged with his mostly she felt like they belonged together and that scared her. She couldn't trust him anymore for no reason or maybe because of what happened in the past she felt like he was gonna lose him again that's why it was hard for her to open her heart to him.

But the kiss felt right. Elam was stunned but of course for him was more like a deja vu because it felt more like in his dreams felt, but it was more he was happy that it was real.

Elam: Here you are and real. You are still the damn good kisser just like I remember how your lips tasted Sweet as honey. (He bites his lower lips)

Zama: (She was blushing) I can't believe you just kissed me. Well If I am a  good kisser that's because I learned from the best.

Elam: And that is true. (He kissed her on her cheek). So tell me what you wanna do today?

Zama: Usually after a heavy night like I had I stay home and watch movies or read just to relax and ease my body. Unless my girls come over and chill.

Elam: But today you are here with me. So what you wanna do?

Zama: Boy please I'm going to my place. I ain't staying it wouldn't be right.

Elam: Why wouldn't be right? Are you happy that I'm back? Please be honest.

Zama: Because you know we just getting to know each other and Yes I'm happy you are back.

Elam: You sure have a funny way of showing it. Can you please stay and just talk and get to know each then?

Zama: I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

Elam: That's your problem you always want to live in the past with me. I get it I messed up I was young I had nowhere to go I had to hustle to be where I am today I'm sorry that I didn't keep my promise but I am here now and I'm trying. Can't you see that or do you choose not to? You are hurting me.

Zama: Hurting you? Well I'm sorry I'm just gonna make things easier for you I'm leaving. And that's the second time you are telling me and boy! I don't like it.

She got from the bed furiously and looked around for her clothes but she couldn't see them. She was only wearing Elam's sweater. Elam stayed in bed he was watching her doing all the drama but he knew that Zama had no transport and a phone to call a cab so the only option she had was to ask him to take her to her place.

Elam: (He held her waist from behind) Comeon Zee stop it. It's pouring outside. I'm sorry I yelled at you. If you wanna go home I will take you but just relax okay I will make us something to eat then I will take you. I will go take a shower and I will run you water so that you can take a hot bath it helps you relax your body and mind and help you manage that anger you have built so high for me to climb in.

Zama: Whatever Doc. (She rolled her eyes).

After they were done she joined him for breakfast. He made English breakfast for her and Pancakes for him with honey and jam.

Zama: I want pancakes too with fresh milk.

Elam: It's okay (He smirk a little and got up to dish up for her)

After they were done eating Zama was still not talking she wasn't angry but she was regretting the unnecessary drama earlier on. Elam was in the kitchen clearing the dishes and Zama decided to take a good look at his apartment since she doesn't exactly remember what she saw or didn't last night.

Something caught her eye. It was a painting of herself she laughed a little remembering the old days. She remembered how he took care of her, how he loved her, and how she loved him. Elam came and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind she held his arms right and rest her head on his chest still facing the wall and looking at the paintings of her.

Thanks for reading.
♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️