1.

When Zama and Elam met, they were very young at Ubuntu Orphanage Home. At that time Zama didn't understand much about what was suddenly happening and everything was happening so fast. She only understood that her grandmother was in heaven and she was looking over her.

Ubuntu Home was her new home until she finds her foster parents, she didn't have a normal life as she was different from other kids and she was bullied a lot. Kids called her all sorts of names some they called her Fat others criticized her black afro hair but she loved it as her late grandmother would tell her that her hair was her golden crown that symbolized her princess status, she would smile every time she remembered her grandmother's words of wisdom. She was ten when she arrived.

Years passed by without any family interested in taking her, some came and promised but never came back. She wasn't making friends anymore with other kids because they ended up leaving her anyways. So she befriended one of the employees of the orphanage Maya, she was a lovely lady and very kind so she took her as a mother figure they had a very strong bond.

Five years later...

Maya: There you are I looked everywhere for you, and I thought that I would find you here.

Zama: Sorry Maya I didn't realize that I have gone for a long time. Just that I love this place it's quiet you know how noisy the kids are.

Maya: I know they are very loud. Come on cheer up it's your birthday today. So I got you these. (Gave her two slabs of chocolate). I know how much you love chocolate.

Zama: Maya thank you very much you know I didn't expect this ( She smiled and hugged her). You just made my day thank you.

Maya: It's nothing baby you eat this one now and save some for later you will eat it in the library I managed to download some of the Lindsay Lohan and Keke Palma movies on this DVD that you like so much. But don't stay too long in there. (She handed her a DVD).

Zama: (She jumped up and down with excitement) thank you very much, Maya. I cannot wait to watch my movies. You are a star thank you again.

Maya: Now come on let's go to the park kids made a cake for you. They just want to show you some appreciation you know you are like a sister to them.

She had a great time for the first time in five years because she accepted that she will never find a family so life was much easier for her.

She got to the library in the computer lab and got ready to watch her movies. Until she was interrupted by someone invading her space.

Zama: Don't you knock or something you scared me! (She rolled her eyes).

Elam: Chill you don't have to overreact I didn't mean to.

Zama: It's okay,  just that I wasn't expecting anyone.

Elam: So how is your day has been, birthday girl?

Zama: Same old shit just a different day.

Elam: Well that's not what I saw, I mean you were happy and laughing with the kids and it looked like you were having fun to me.

Zama: I'm always happy around the kids so yeah same old shit still.

Elam: I have an idea. ( He sounded excited).

Zama: Not that I care but let's hear it.

Elam: Such a mood killer. You should be excited it's your special day and everyone is celebrating your day but...

Zama cut him talking

Zama: You said you had an idea clearly you don't, now can I have my space I wanna watch my movies.

Elam: Iwannatakeyouout! (He was nervous)

Zama: (She got excited but did not want to show). You what?

Elam: Not out, as in like a date or something just that I thought that you would like some ice cream and I know it's late but i ...

She cut him still talking and she was very excited.

Zama: Ok I will. Yes, I will go out with you. Ooh wait but how are we gonna get out the gate is locked.

Elam: Leave that to me.

Elam talked earlier with his good friend Mr. James who was a security guard. He asked for advice on how to ask a girl out on a date and he also asked for a favour to sneak them out if she agreed to go out with him.

The candy shop was not very far from Home it was a four to five minutes walk it was safe for them so he agreed.

Zama: It feels good to be out of the Home premises at night it's different you know. It feels good but not as good as this ice cream in fact I don't know which one is greater being out or this ice cream, but I'm loving this fresh air and I think this whole this feels great.

Elam: Does all that feeling good includes me? (Smirking)

Zama: (Blushing) I guess so. Thank you for this ice cream it's nice. But do we have to go back right now? I mean I'm 15 so we might as well stay longer you know.

Elam: No Zama! we going back you know I don't want Mr. James to not allow us to go out ever again okay, now we're heading to the library and we gonna watch movies and here you bought your snacks.

Zama: I guess you are right. You know being outside at this time got me carried away. Movies are still fun too. Wait! Does that mean we still gonna sneak out from time to time?

Elam: Of course, we will, and next time I will show you my favourite chilling spot. So there are still more dates to come.

Thanks for reading.
♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️