44- The Devil in Disguise

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞

NOVA

Walking into Namjoon's apartment complex, I was reminded just how much pain this place had brought me. I didn't have one happy memory here, it started with Jimin, then Jungkook and now it would finish with Namjoon.

It was like a ghost town in there, eerily silent, which meant things were sure to go south. I was potentially walking into a trap; I could even be walking into my death for all I knew.

To be fair though, death was less intimidating right now.

Walking up to the reception desk, I was met with the same woman who served me the day I came to see Jimin. The one who called me a prostitute.

"You again..." she complained, rolling her eyes. "Back to see Mr Park?"

"Not this time," I croaked, trying to ignore her obnoxious tone, "I need to see Mr Kim... Namjoon Kim. It's urgent."

She screwed up her face, still chewing her gum unnecessarily loudly. "What would you need to see Mr Kim for?" She asked, looking me up and down once again.

I did have a habit of turning up there, dressed to the nines, makeup smudged and hair a mess. At the end of the day though, I didn't care what I looked like; this wasn't the time to fuck with me.

"Just make the fucking call," I snapped, slamming my hand down on the desk.

The woman took a step back, probably thinking I was insane or something - she wasn't wrong. Begrudgingly punching the numbers into the phone on her desk, she rolled her eyes as she brought it up to her ear.

"Mr Kim, there's a woman here to see you," she let out, her tone dull and lifeless. "Erm, small, dark hair, fat, looks like she's just been released from an insane asylum."

That's it.

I reached across the desk, yanking her hair and slamming her head against the marble bureau. Ignoring her screams, I brought my lips to her ear.

"You really don't want to mess with me right now sweetheart, trust me," I whispered seductively, my breath fanning her face.

"SECURITY!" She screamed; panic-stricken with tears brimming her eyes.

It was time to treat people the way they treated me.

I rolled my eyes as the guard came over and pulled me off the woman. It was probably best they did since I wasn't going to give up until I was staring the devil straight in the face.

"Put her down," a deep, powerful voice echoed through the space.

I would recognise that voice anywhere. That was the voice I'd feared since the beginning, that was the person that had ruined my life when it was just getting good. That was the person I came here to see.