15 - The Light Side

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞

NOVA

Lying in bed with Jungkook, who was taking the I'm not leaving your side thing way too seriously, I reflected on my night. After messaging Hyunjin a million apologies in all the languages I knew, he told me it was okay and that he had finally saved up enough money to enrol in University.

Jungkook was on edge too; I could tell this because he hadn't stopped eying me up out of the corner of his eye, wondering if I was still furious.

"I'm sorry about Jimin," he finally muttered, rubbing his nose into my neck and tracing patterns along my stomach.

"I just don't get what his problem is..."

"He hasn't exactly had the easiest life, Nova. He's never known love; he was abandoned by his parents who couldn't afford to raise him. Abused as an orphan and thrown out on the streets after being a problematic child. The system failed him."

My chest tightened at the thought of a young Jimin out on the streets alone. The things he must have seen, the things he must have done in order to survive... I could kind of relate.

"So, what did he do, being all alone?" I asked, trying not to pry too much.

"He busked. Jiminie is very talented, you know! He's an amazing dancer, the type to make you cry just by the raw emotion he puts into his performances. But one day whilst he was performing, some guys mugged him and took all the money he'd earned. Taehyungie hyung saw and protected him and then brought him to Namjoon. That's why they're both so close, Taehyung practically saved his life." I could tell by the way Jungkook's voice faltered, that he felt a lot of pain for his friends.

Maybe Jimin had a reason to act the way he does... A part of me felt sorry for him but another part told me that I'd also been through shit in my life and I would never take it out on anyone else...

"No matter how annoying I find Jimin, and no matter how many times he tries to steal my girl, he's still my brother and I would do anything for him," Jungkook nodded to himself, staring up at the ceiling.

My girl...

"What about you? What's your story, Jeon?" I teased, trying to change up the subject.

"Me? I grew up in a happy family and when I was seventeen, I joined Namjoon's company as an apprentice. Nothing special!" He laughed.

The man lying in my bed was more interesting than anyone else on this planet to me. He was kind, thoughtful, sexy as fuck, and treated me like a rare jewel. He may have thought he was boring, but I found him extraordinary. His studio was proof of that... He was twenty-three years old and already owned his own gallery filled with his own work.

"I judge how special a person is based on how they view the world and the people around them. I don't think you realise just how unbelievably special you are," I whispered, slurring my words.