Chapter 23

Ashlynn's POV
I walked into my cabin from the balcony to see Matt lying on the floor covered in blood. I started to cry. I couldn't hold in the tears. I ran as fast as I could down to the ship nurse and told them that I needed them in my cabin as soon as possible.
" R-right there. " I said pointing to where Matt was lying on the floor covered in blood.
" What has happened here? " one of the nurses asked sounding very concerned.
" I-I have no clue, I w-was sitting on t-he balcony and I came i-in and he was like this. " I said barely being able to speak.
The nurses took Matt into a room similar to a hospital. Everything was white except the bed where Matt was lying on the bed, covered in bright red blood from his forehead to about his waist. The nurses wouldn't let me into the room to see Matt. They said that the case is too serious. I pray that Matt will be okay.
" I-I am so sorry to tell you this but I will be very surprised if Matthew will make it through the night. " a nurse told me.
My eyes started to water. Second by second my vision got blurrier from my tears covering the surface of my eye.
It was about 11:00PM, eleven hours went by and I was still waiting outside Matt's room waiting for answers. I couldn't think about anything else except the fact that Matt might not even be alive right then and there. After thinking long and hard I finally had a clue on what happened to Matt. It must have been either Jaycee or Aaron. I know for a fact that Jaycee would never hurt anyone like this so I automatically crossed her name off of the suspect list. It had to have been Aaron. For me telling him that I have/had feelings for someone else. It had all made sense now. Aaron wanted to get back at Matt for " stealing me from him. " It was about 3:00AM when I slowly drifted back asleep. I woke up around 5 hours later to someone lightly tapping my shoulder.
" Miss. Ashlynn, Matthew is suprisingly awake. We had to give him seven stitches on his forehead and a cast for his broken arm but I think he will be okay. Although he lost alot of blood. " The nurse told me.
I was so releived. I thought that I had lost Matt. I don't know what I would have done if I lost Matt. Even before I had met Matt I loved him to death. I love him even more now. I slowly and quietly walked into the room that Matt was in. The tears slowly started to come back to my face, one after another they dropped into the floor as I slowly walked over to the bed that the nurses had put Matt in.
" Hey Ash. " Matt said in a scratchy voice.
I started crying even more when I heard Matt's voice. I could tell how much pain he was in.
" H-hi. " I said while still crying.
" I'll be okay. I promise. " Matt told me still with a scratchy voice.
" Are you sure? " I asked sniffling.
" I'm sure. " Matt replied.
I leaned down and kissed Matt's forehead near where they had put the stitches in.
" I love you. " Matt told me.
" I love you too. " I said trying to stop the tears from racing down my face.
The nurses let me take Matt back to his/our cabin.
The only people that were in the cabins were Jaycee and Cameron. I brought Matt into his cabin and laid him down on the bed so he could rest.
" Oh my god, what happened! " Jaycee yelled.
" We don't really know but I think I have an idea about who did it and why. " I told Jaycee and Cameron.
I told them everything that Matt had to do, like getting stitches and a cast for his arm.
" I hope he'll be okay. " Cameron said.
" Me too. " Jaycee and I both said.