Chapter 32

Matt's POV
I still couldn't believe what I was reading. I didn't know how I felt about it. I didn't know if her secret was either good or bad in my point of view. I know that I love Ashlynn but now I'm not sure if I love Jaycee again or not. I can't hurt Ashlynn. She's too perfect. I can't hurt Jaycee either. Honestly I love Jaycee. But my feelings for Ashlynn are a lot bigger. I love Ashlynn and maybe Jaycee doesn't have feelings for me anymore because the text between her and the Summer girl was from like a week ago. Maybe Jaycee realized that she doesn't like me anymore I don't know but I can't talk to Jaycee about it because then she'll know that I read her texts.
" Hey Jaycee? " I said.
" Yeah? " She replied.
" Are you and Jacob still together? " I asked her.
" Yeah why? " she replied.
" Oh no reason. " I said.
I really want to talk to Jaycee about what happened but I don't want her to be mad that I read her texts. Maybe Jaycee told Kat her secret.
" Hey Kat. " I said as I walked out of the bathroom and tapped Kat.
" Yeah? " Kat said.
" Can I ask you something? " I said.
" Yeah sure. " she replied.
" This may sound weird but does Jaycee still like me? " I finally got the words out of my mouth.
" No why? I mean she likes you as a really close friend. " Kat told me.
" Are you sure? " I said.
" Yeah I'm sure. " Kat replied.
" And if you are trying to figure out what her secret is then that's not close at all to what it is. " Kat told me.
" Well what is her secret. " I asked Kat.
" Okay well, I'm not supposed to tell you but Jaycee told me a couple days ago that she got some news, the news was that both of her parents passed away in a car crash. " Kat told me very hesitantly.
" Oh my god. I had no idea. " I replied.

Kat's POV
" I need to talk to her. " I said.
" No, don't. She'll just get more upset. " I told Matt.
" No, I really need to talk to her. " Matt insisted.
" Okay, whatever you feel like is the right thing to do. " I said.
" And if you read Jaycee's text about her still having feelings for you, well that was fake. Jaycee and her friend summer, who is from her school, they did that so you wouldn't find out the real secret. " I told Matt.
" Oh, okay good. " Matt said sounding relived.
" You read her texts didn't you. " I said.
" Maybe. " Matt replied laughing.
" Okay well I need to talk to Jaycee. " Matt insisted.
Matt got up and went back into the bathroom where Jaycee still was.
" Jaycee we need to talk. " I heard Matt say in a stern voice.
" What? " Jaycee said, she sounded confused.
" Your parents. " Matt said.

Matt's POV
" Your parents. " I said.
I could see Jaycee starting to cry.
" Why didn't you tell me? " I said wrapping her in a hug.
" I-I didn't want all of the attention from everyone. " she replied.
" It will be okay, I promise. " I told her.
" B-but they are gone." she said in between sobs.
" Trust me, they will keep you safe. " I told Jaycee.
" Let's go tell Jacob. " I said.
" O-okay. " Jaycee said wiping a year off of her cheek.
We walked to Jacob's cabin and knocked on the door.
" Hey man. " Cameron said as he opened the door.
" Can we talk to Jacob? " I asked.
" Yeah sure, I'll get him. " Cameron said before he told Jacob to come to the door.
" What happened? " Jacob asked sounding very concerned.
" Jaycee's parents both p-passed away in a car crash on Monday. " I hesitantly told Jacob.
" Jaycee why didn't you tell me sooner. " Jacob said as he pulled Jaycee into a hug and rubbed her back trying to calm her down. Jaycee didn't respond.
" Baby girl it will be okay. " Jacob said while kissing the top of Jaycee's head.
Jacob, Jaycee and I stood in silence for around ten minutes.
" Why do I have to stay. I want to see my parents" Jaycee said quietly.
" Jaycee you need to stay, never leave. Ever. " Jacob said to Jaycee.
" Promise? " Jaycee said.
" I promise. " Jacob replied.
" We will get through this together. " I said.