so unfair

Time skip: 2 years later
3rd POV

Midorya stops walking just to stare at the door he dreaded seeing. It had been two years but he still felt as guilty as he did the first day and as disgusted at himself as he had been during the funeral.

Midorya was tired, he was tired of thinking about the what ifs and what nots and what wouldve happened of he had just been faster, or maybe if he had better senses. Maybe he wouldve seen the beam, maybe he wouldve been able to dodge it in time.

He remembered the first time he saw todoroki laugh, and not just a faint giggle but a full on laugh. He wondered why he didnt laugh more thsn he did. He also recalled the first time todoroki showed any type of negative emotion other than a monotonus anger. He was breaking down after a dinner with endeavor and deku couldnt possibly forget the worried faces of his classmates.

He realized how much they had actually lost. All the fun days they missed, all the fun days todoroki missed. He felt so guilty amd had so much hatred towards himself that he was exhausted. He started sobbing, izuku didnt know any better.

All the pain he had kept in all the self loathing slef depricating thoughts were pouring out of his eyes in the form oftears staring at the door of the one person he swore protection to.

"OI" bakugo looks at midorya with a softer tone on his look. He was trying his best, he wanted deku to smile and annoy him with his bright fucking smile "stop moping around in front of his dorm, do something about this, its not like you cant, so get up and get your ass downstairs before i drag you there"

"HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET OVER IT JUST LIKE THAT, I KILLED HIM! I DID, I KILLED HIM IT WAS MY FUCKING FAULT SO HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO JUST GO ON WITH MY LIFE? ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU DONT CARE"

Bakugo stood there looking at the greenhaired boy speechless. He was surprised at the sudden outburst his friend had, he was unusually irritable and it worried him. Everyone thought he didnt care, everyone thought he was a heartless asshole but he wasnt,and he, after everything that happened, hoped for someone to have a bit of faith in him. It hurt, even if he didnt want to admit it.

After that day he couldnt help but wake up in a cold sweat after seeing the scenes again, he couldnt help but stare at his bloody hands convincing himself that it wasnt real until it disappeared. He couldnt help but see todoroki staring at him from the doorway everytime he trued to turn off the light. The sad reality was bakugo blamed himself as much as deku did if not more. He hated every bit of himself for killing someone he considered a friend an idiot of his.

"Tsk all im saying is that fucker wouldnt want to see your shit face like this, he would even ask you if youre sick. Stop throwing your fucking insecurities on me cause you cant handle them, if i dont fucking show it it doesnt mean i dont fucking care you ass, go downstairs"

_____________________

Aizawa enters the common room looking like he gof hit by not one but multiple trucks. His hair was put into a messy half bun and it wasnt the pretty type. His eye bags were tainted a deep shad of purple and his eyes were swollen and red. He did not look like he was near okay but no one mentioned it.

"You all know why im here, and i know it sucks that im here to remember someones death but here we are" he clears his throat hoping he wouldnt collapse in the middle of his speech "im not going to try and sugar coat it, he died, its an awful thing to remember but we have to so i hope you use the two day break wisely. Heres a key, you can get in his room if you want i convinced nezu, and the rest of you, go wherever you wont be questioned, im sorry you all have to go through this"

And just like that he left the room, leaving behind 18 students grieving for the second year in a row and for them it was way too much.

They had promised to protect each other till the end, but how could they know the end was such a near and familiar experience.