day 6 a long way to hell

Shoto's pov

"Then explain what the hell is going on"

"Shit I didn't want him to find out like this"

"I already know you're a villain, BAKUGO KIRI-" shinsou covers his mouth before he gets to say anything else.

"Look im not a villain im shoto, todoroki, todobro or I dont know the poky ball to your Pikachu" I say as my breathing accelerates and my heart beats exceed the healthy amount by a lot.

"Cut the bullshit I know you're a villain, but still that is LOW man, very low. pretending to be the dead person, played like a thousand times you asshole"

"Denki" shinsou says in a whisper "he's not lying, he's really shoto" his voice is low, almost inaudible. 

"What?" his voice cracks as his tears start forming in his eyes. the hall goes silent and the echoes of other students halt. It was just us, in an empty hallway.

Me, a very confused shitbag. Shinsou, an insomniac that looks like he needs a shit ton of coffee. denki, the guy who just found out that his dead friend was alive and not who he said he was. And Eri. That poor twat, trying to cheer everyone anytime.

I felt bad. I really did. I should've waited for aizawa to come. I should've told Eri to not go in. I shouldn't have been impatient. I messed up, I hurt him. I hurt denki.

Denki's eyes fill up, I could see all the anger and frustration behind the tears. I could see the hate and resentment, I could see the pain and sadness. I could see all of it. I could see the confusion and the hurt. the longing look on his face, screaming 'welcome back' as his bottom lip quivers slightly.

It wasnt fair. Not for denki not for me or shinsou or Eri. It shouldn't have gone like this.

I'm sorry.

"Denki I-" I was desperately trying to make it better, make this better. Panic and terror at the idea of them calling me a villain, an outcast, a traitor. I was trying, I really was, but I knew it wasnt unfair. I cant imagine how I would've reacted, how I would've felt. as much as it sucked for me it stank for them. this is normal, its just a slight reaction.

they wont hate you

but what if they do, what if they do hate me?

I dont know 

I cant have them hate me

not now

please

please dont hate me

as kaminari stops fighting shinsou, trying to break away for his grasp I spring towards him. for some reason controlling my body was beyond my abilities. I couldn't stop myself from running towards him and hold him, embrace him, with a firm hold on his nape, burying my face in the gap in his neck. 

was it a mistake? 

was it too early? 

I shouldn't have done that.

I know I shouldn't have, but I missed him. I realized how much I missed having him around, how much I missed cooking cookies with him, how much I missed his dad jokes and memes I didn't understand. I missed all of them.

I was just hoping they missed me too

his breathing apparent against my ear, his patterns unsteady. I could feel his hands frozen mid-air. he was shaking, violently. scared, I remove my head and look at him. a single tear rolled down his cheek as he looked me with a pained look. he sucks in a shaky breath not breaking our gaze and just then I realize shinsou and Eri weren't there anymore. we were really alone in the hallway now.