how?

3rd pov

hawks never left the hospital once ever since todoroki was admitted. he couldn't possibly leave when a potential villain was in an emotional state, that what he was trying to make himself believe to say the least.

poor kid... hawks thought to himself as he was watching the injured boy shift in his bed, looking like he was dreaming about something disturbing. hawks almost felt guilty about not putting in more work when he first saw him with the league. he could've done something at that point so why didn't he?

he then remembered himself as a kid. back when his alcoholic father was still in the house, back when endeavor hadn't stopped him. he used to despise the hero society, he used to look down on them, he had no respect toward any hero until that one special night. the night where endeavor barged into his home with a bunch of policemen and took his dad away, saved him from his miseries and put and end to his suffering.

He saved him and for what? endeavor was hawks' whole reason, endeavor was the reason why hawks wanted to be a hero, he wanted to save kids just like endeavor saved him. So now, after everything, he couldn't just let down a kid that just wanted some inner peace, some help. hawks saw the way he cried in Bakugo's arms the other day. he saw the way his eyes avoided meeting hawks'. he also saw the way he would grunt and wince in his sleep, the way he would wake up gasping for breath but eventually refused to get himself checked over it.

he was going to be todoroki's hero just like endeavor was his, he was going to do justice to the kid.

"hawks"

"mhm yeah" hawks was put out of his daze by the voice of Guillard calling him in worry.

"were you listening?"

"im not going to lie to you Guillard, I didn't even notice you were here"

"that's nice to know" Guillard scoffs sitting down next to hawks "I was asking about the kid actually"

"oh" 

"so what's going to happen to him?"

"im thinking of putting him back in UA"

"what?"

"yeah" hawks doesn't look away from the window unable to shift his gaze from the boy "I called Nezu and eraserhead for a meeting scheduled in a few hours from now"

"you think its safe?"

"I think we need to stop seeing him as some kind of feral villain ready to attack anyone that crosses his way, he's a kid, he was manipulated and we proved everything he said to be right, im not letting him down just because of unimportant assumptions people are making"

"hawks I-"

"Guillard, I haven't left this hospital ever since he was admitted, he was nothing but tame, i was the one to see how much he actually suffers because he fell in their trap. he is a good kid Guillard and we've proved it more than once and im sure his friends and teachers would think the same."

"lets just hope for the best hawks"

-____________________________________-

hawks puts his hand in front of his face hoping the sun wouldn't eventually blind his eyes , keys in his hand, he let out an exhausted sigh. he knew it was the right thing to do, that helping out kai elric was a heroic task but he couldn't help but feel like he was constantly tired and in need of a normal sleep schedule. 

his phone suddenly rings, it was the school's official number. why would they call? was he late? he quickly checked the time before picking up. no, he wasnt late..