Chapter 10

Lisa slumps down on the couch, after being forced to clean her house and not even getting a chance of break, a content sigh escaped her lips, but Jennie was still in the kitchen.

Lisa frowns, seeing Jennie filling up the coffee jar that has been empty for years, the jar that she had just for decoration, "You're not being too comfortable now, aren't you?" she commented, rising from the sofa and stroll to the kitchen, hoping on the counter to watch Jennie organizing other things.

Jennie snorts, "Can't help it, you're giving me a good service." Lisa smiles, she had realized that through this weeks with Jennie, company wasn't so bad, especially when she shares it with the brunette.

"Well should I remind you that I do--"

"Don't drink coffee." she cuts her off, "Yeah I know Lisa," Jennie smiles at her briefly, "But I do, so I hope this is okay." Lisa just stares at her, feeling all warm even if they weren't talking, letting the nice and comfortable silence hang in between them.

Softly, she reached to grip Jennie's wrist so she could stop moving for a second, and when she turns around, Lisa forgot how to speak, as if she suddenly hit a nerve, but this was far from all the bad things, though to Lisa, this could be a bad thing.

Jennie noticed the change of her face, so she stood closer and gaze in her eyes, "Something wrong?" she asks softly, she's met a lot of people, one look and she'll know that they're bothered, and not to mention, Lisa was very obvious, as if she's made of glass.

Lisa blinks, her hands letting go of the brunette's wrist and looks away, "You're moving too much, aren't you tired?"

"But we have to clean the house, plus the di--"

Lisa hops from the counter, "Let me do it." she rolls her sleeves and pushed Jennie aside, "Go take a shower or something, we can order take outs later." Jennie frowns at her sudden change of behaviour, but shrugs and went straight to her room, a nice warm shower could really help her ease some tension from her body.

She strips off her blue dress, heads to the bathroom, and turns on the water, humming softly when the warmth hits her skin, running smoothly down her curves.

Her mind drifts to so many thoughts, until it reached the night Lisa kissed her, three days ago. Unconsciously, her hand came up to her lips, remembering how soft the other girl's lips felt on hers.

Though she didn't really say that she liked it, - which she did - she couldn't deny that Lisa was so good to her, even if they are still awkward sometimes around each other, but she was glad Lisa never mentioned it anymore.

After the long train of thoughts and almost slipping in the bathroom, Jennie finally got comfy in her pyjamas when Lisa knocks on her door, "You done, shortie?" the other girl asked, snickering at the nickname.

Jennie frowns, opening the door just to smack Lisa's arm, "Don't call me short, or I'll kick your ass." Instead of feeling scared, Lisa let out a bubbly laughter, "God, you're fierce!" Jennie huffs, "Are we watching movies tonight?"

Lisa scratches her nape, "I gotta go to the studio, something came up."

"Oh." Jennie bit her lip, "With Rosé?" she couldn't help it, the feeling of not being chosen is too much for her, never in her life has she ever been the second choice, but when Lisa shook her head, a look of relief took place on her face. "I don't think she's coming, after all she's just the model."

"Well then be careful, don't come back so late." Lisa nods, smiling as she walks to the door, and before she closed it, Jennie heard the faint voice of her partner, "Don't do anything naughty while I'm away!"

"Lisa!"

◇◇◇

Rosé walks into the dim studio, loud music echoes as she tiptoes from behind the other girl, as quite as possible so she could make a suprise, but failed miserably when Lisa turns with a knowing smile, "Nope, I ain't falling for that anymore!"

"Oh come on, you could've at least pretended you didn't know."

"That's not fair then." Lisa chuckles, her eyes returns to the laptop, editing and making sure that every photos are perfect before sending them for Vogue Magazine.

Rosé hums, "Want to come down for a slice of that New York Cheesecake you like so much?" she sits beside Lisa, who sighs softly, "I can't, I need to buy groceries, our house is dying now."

"Our house?" Rosé gasps playfully, "You guys married already?" Lisa chuckles, her attention finally sets to the blonde beside her, "You know that's sort of absurd at the moment."

Her eyes suddenly turns serious. "I have something to tell you," her friend took a stool nearby and sat closely. Lisa is a very bright girl, she could talk very calmly and freely, but if something's serious, that means it's something very important and only Rosé knows her better, so she nods to let her friend go on.

"I know I said that me and Jennie will never happen, but you know, that was like three weeks ago," she looks up at Rosé, "In one week, we could finally go back to our normal lives, without our parents stressing us."

"Yeah, so?"

Lisa wets her lips, looking at her friend with puppy eyes, "But I don't want that." she murmured, " I don't want her leaving me, and I also don't want to hurt her, I'd respect her choice but," she sighs, "I'm in love with Jennie." Rosé saw the fear in Lisa's eyes; fear of being left, fear of heart break, fear of not being enough.

"Shouldn't you two talk it out?"

"And what if she doesn't feel the same?"

Rosé shrugs, "Well then you've got to let her go. I mean, you're perfect! If she doesn't love you back, then she'll miss out on a very good catch. But hey, are you really sure you're in love with her? Not just some confusing tricks in your mind or--" Lisa cuts her off, "No, I'm sure."

"I really want to talk it out with her, but I'm scared, I've never felt this way in such a long time!"

"Yeah you push everyone who liked you away, I'd hardly doubt that." Rosé retorts, but Lisa wasn't buying any of it, for the first time, Lisa has noticed a girl, and she can see that Jennie is different, she's, God, she's the one, Lisa thought.

She wanted her so badly.

"Let's just not talk about this."

And so Lisa dives back into her editing, while Rosé just sat there, watching Lisa's side profile, with a tighten heart.

After all this time, Lisa had been with her, not just about the sex, but they were that ride-or-die couple, and Rosé loved it, the relationship they had was pure.

But isn't it obvious? That over the last 5 years they've been friends, she had been showing her affection to Lisa?

Her love for Lisa?

While Lisa was scared of losing someone she met, just a few weeks ago, Rosé was scared of losing her first love, who's also been her best friend.

She knows, that love will always have the one who'll get hurt, and she now believe that she is going to be that one.

______________________________

How can someone nurse a broken heart?