Chapter 20

Lisa pushes herself away from Rosé, sitting up as she picks up her underwear along with her shorts and her bra from the floor.

She turns around and saw the fresh bruises on Rosé's skin, somewhere around her shoulder and her neck. She wets her lips, "I'm sorry if I was too rough." Rosé shakes her head and motions for Lisa to join her on the bed again. "You know you can talk to me, right?"

Lisa sits beside her. She never told her friend what happened that day three months ago, and December arrived faster than she wanted, with the coldness embracing the city, as people walk down the streets wearing padded jackets and scarfs around their neck.

Three months and she still loves Jennie.

And everytime she remembers the way Jennie had rejected her, her heart crumbles and breaks. "Are you still thinking about Jennie?"

"It's useless."

Was it really? Jennie had changed her life, from so many point of views, and the jar of coffee in her kitchen still untouched, because that's the only thing that makes her feel just as close as she could be with the other woman.

Lisa sighs. "Shouldn't you prepare to go to New York?" Rosé hums, her eyes roaming around Lisa's room, "They changed the date to next month," She sets her eyes on her friend, "Lisa, I want you to come with me."

Lisa blinks.

She thought that it would be a great idea, after all, this place is starting to be suffocating. She nods, shuffling Rosé's hair with a smile as her friend tries to swat her hand away.

"We're out of milk, aren't we?"

"You're going to the supermarket?" Lisa asks, her fingers tapping on her knees as she watches Rosé dressing up. "Do you want to join me?"

Lisa stands up and wraps her arms around her waist from behind, "I'd love that." Rosé blushes, though she rests her head against Lisa's shoulder.

"We should get going then."

◇◇◇

"Lisa, you should go to the freezer side and get the milk, I'll get the cereals." Lisa nods, making her way to the other side of the supermarket.

Rosé was too engrossed in search of Lisa's favourite cereals that she hadn't notice someone in front of her. "Rosé, right?" She looks up front.

The woman in front of her looked very familiar, but she couldn't summon any memory that has her. She tilts her head, "Yeah?" She sounded hesitant, but not really distant.

The woman smiles, figuring that the model really doesn't remember her. "That one night, you got so drunk at a bar, and you spilled a glass of liquor on my friend, ring any bell?" Her heart stopped when the memory comes rushing back, and she blushes.

"Not a good first impression, wasn't it?"

"Oh, don't bother. I didn't even knew you were," the woman's eyes flicked up and down her body, not too slow to be called 'checking out', "a model back then. I won't tell anyone, though." The woman held her hand out, "I'm Jisoo, Kim Jisoo." Rosé smiles and gladly accepts her hand.

"You alone?"

Rosé shakes her head, "Nope. My friend, Lisa's with me." Jisoo grins, and Rosé notices that the girl had a very beautiful smile. "Met her already."

"Of course you did." Rosé chuckles. Her eyes drifts back to the shelf and she finally found the cereals, "I'm going to the other side." Jisoo says and Rosé beams, "Great, I'm heading there too! Let's go?" Rosé pushes her cart.