Chapter 27

"Have you talked to Rosé this week?" Jisoo smiles at the cashier as she hands her the card, turning to look at Lisa who shrugs at her question. "I tried coming to her house yesterday, but she told me that she was busy."

Jisoo nods, she understands. Lisa would probably be the last person she might want to be with right now.

They take their coffee from the counter and sits close to the window, both enjoying the warmth of the freshly brewed coffee and the morning vibe of people passing by.

"Her father." Jisoo states the words that's been disturbing her days since Rosé told the story. Lisa's head whipped so fast she thought it was going to break, "What about him?"

Jisoo stares  into her eyes. She sees it, the change of a genuine worried look, a look that a friend would have whenever something like this happens. It seems that Lisa knows a lot about it.

"A few days ago I went to her apartment, she was covered in bruises."

"And you couldn't tell me earlier?" Lisa frowns, her fists tighten as she stares hard at Jisoo. "Why should I tell you? I thought she told you about it."

"So is this what friendship really is to you?"

Jisoo looked at her in disbelief. Is she seriously going to start this kind of talk right now?

Her voice remains calm as she replies, "Lisa, I happen to find her like that. It seems that she didn't want you to see her in that state, otherwise she would've told you. So it really isn't my place to tell you about it either, and you're not going to talk to me like that." Unlike her voice, Jisoo's eyes were stern and showed that she stands with her words.

Lisa couldn't fight her. With a heavy sigh, she loosen up. "You're right, I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologise. I suggest you go and check up on her, she's under so much pressure, I'm scared she might do something stupid." Jisoo takes a sip from her cup, and Lisa nods.

So after enjoying her cup of coffee with Jisoo, she went over to Rosie. Somehow, the moment she stepped in front of her door, she didn't even have time to knock when the door opens and Rosé rushes out, bumping into Lisa who catches her.

Their eyes locked and Lisa's eyes widen, Rosé was sobbing, her body shaking and her face was still red with fresh bruises. She then looks up to see Mr. Park, marching towards them.

She pushes Rosé aside and throws a punch just in time to hit the older man in the face. He falls backwards, "I've had enough of you! She's your fucking daughter!" Lisa growls as she jumps on him and throws more punches, her hands starting to hurt yet she couldn't care less.

"Lisa!" Rosé pulls her arm to halt her movement, and Lisa quickly stops, letting the other woman drag her away. The man was groaning, "Lisa? Is this what you've become now?" Lisa swore she could end him right now.

Rosé was still shaking, eyes to the ground but her hold on Lisa as tight as ever, and Lisa growls at the man, "Listen to me. You're going to get the hell away from her, and never come back. You hear me?"

He stands up. "She's useless, always have been."

"No, she's amazing and she's all that you're not. She grown into a beautiful woman, no thanks to you!" Lisa gritted her teeth but Rosé wasn't concerned about that. She was concerned of her feelings.

Everytime she wants to forget, she can't, because Lisa is always there. She keeps reminding her of her scent, of her touch, her love and it's all too much.

"Out!" Lisa's voice brings her back to the situation, she blinks hard as she watches her father leave the apartment, giving her one last dissatisfied look. She then turns to look at Lisa who stumbles to lock the door and cups her face, "Let me see your face." She obeyed, after all, how can she not?