Chapter5: Its your favourite son

I started my shift fairly smoothly. Nothing different really. I served a few customers and watched the football game on TV. I talked with a few customers before The Robson family came in. They were a nice family however they always brought their baby Ava Joe with them and I was the one who looked after her. "Hey V, you want me to look after Ava?" I looked at the baby that was sat on the counter top. "Could ya Hun?" I nodded and scooped the baby up. I looked over to the head bar man and he nodded in approval. I walked threw to the back bar room. It was identical to the front one that was open however this one wasn't used. Mike,Tre and Billie were all sat there having a drink themselves.

"Awwww whose that?" Tre questioned pointing at the baby. I jumped over the bar and picked up the baby. "This is Ava Joe one of the locals kids." I bounced the baby on my lap and held her waist. She was a cute baby and it was as if she was my own. "Korin!" Someone shouted from the open bar. "Coming!" I replied. I glanced up at Billie who was talking to Tre and Mike. "Billie can you watch the baby?" He nodded reluctantly and I handed her over. I went back to the Bar to see a slightly crowded bar. I served everyone and watched the football for a bit longer. I returned to check on the baby and Billie. She was asleep and Billie was rocking her back and forth. I checked the time, 4:00. The Robsons would be leaving soon so I should get the baby ready. I picked her up from Billies arms and pecked him on the cheek. I put the baby's little boots on and strapped her Into her Carrying Cot. I handed her back over to her mother and noticed that my shift was done.

I hopped back over the empty bar to where the guys were. "Im just gonna go get changed." I called. I heard a chorus of okays and laughed to myself. "Hey,Korin we gonna head out for a smoke. Meet you outside?" Mike called. I nodded and headed to the bathroom. I threw on some dark skinny jeans, a 'Who the Fuck Is Tre Cool' shirt and some black dr.Martens. I was heading out when my shoulder were pinned back onto the wall. "Miss me?" Oh god. I recognised that voice. It was my ex-boyfriend Rhys from last year. I swore he was sent to prison for abuse! Yes towards me but why was he out. Okay be tough Korin! "Why would I miss you, you were nothing more than a past ass hole that I used to date!" This ticked him off. he slammed his fist in the wall, inches from my head. "Because I'm everybody's favourite son" he smirked smugly. Okay now I was getting scared. "BACK OFF" I screamed and kicked him in the gut. I was surprisingly strong and it shocked both of us yet he was slightly stronger. The guys were only threw the back door having a smoke so I thought if I yelled loud enough they would figure something was wrong and come back. "You little bitch!!" He yelled and slapped me across the face. OWW that hurt but I didn't show it. He had pinned me to the wall again so I screamed as loud as possible. "BILLLLLLIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!" Just then that familiar mop of black hair came running in, followed my Mike and TRE.

"What the hell !!" Billie screamed and punched Rhys in the face. Mike and Tre managed to restrain Rhys and Billie called the police. I grabbed the first aid kit and grabbed an ice pack. This was going to give me a charming black eye. The police arrived quickly and took Rhys away. I signed a few forms stating I was pressing charges and that was that. We all went back to my place and tried to calm down after the incident.