2-C3. Its an ugly word

Gloria was a month old and for the last two weeks wasn't well. Whenever I fed her, she would throw up almost instantly. At first me and Billie thought it could just be a thing new borns do but now we were worrying. I rang the hospital and scheduled an appointment for the next day.

I was in the kitchen with Gloria in her high chair. I raised the spoon to her mouth and she ate it. Ten seconds later she threw it back up. Cleaning it up, I shouted for Billie.
"What's up?" He asked. "I'm really worried, what's if it's serious?" I panicked. He shook his head, causing his extremely fluffy hair to shake. Gloria didn't laugh, that's weird she always laughs at the sight of her dad. That's another thing, lately she's been so out of character, I sighed.

"Billie, I'm going out. Il be back in an hour. Can you look after Gloria?" I shouted. After a while I heard a yeah so I locked the door and stepped into the world . I don't usually go out unless it's to the studio or with the guys. I walked down the pathed streets and looked around. I walked into a random music store, their were some cool guitars. I even saw a signature Mike Dirnt bass. It made me smile for some random reason. Not many people were there so I picked up a fender and sat on a black stool. Slowly and carefully, I started to play the intro to Wake Me Up When September Ends. Eventually, I got tired and headed home.

When I stepped in I heard Billie playing Good Riddance. I put my head around the White wooden door and saw him, back facing me, playing to the baby. She loved Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). After he had finished I walked up and wrapped my arms around him. "The doctors rang, they can see you first thing instead of the afternoon." He whispered. I nodded and took Gloria upstairs, placing her gently in the crib. Humming I'm Not Okay, I walked downstairs.

-- A week later at the doctors ---
Cancer, it's an ugly word. It does ugly things. Now, it's going to do something ugly to our precious daughter. Me and Billie sobbed as the doctor briefly left the room. Our baby girl, only one month old... Won't make her first birthday. I glanced at her but looked away sharply. The tall, ageing doctor came back and gave us a sympathetic look. "The test show that there is a 50/50 chance she will survive." He sighed. I became light headed and the room became darker. The last thing I remember is seeing the Doctor giving me a concerned glance. Then.... Black.

I woke ontop of a hospital bed, Billie was at my side. "Where's Gloria!?" I fretted. "Don't worry, she's with the doctors and nurses." He sighed. I frowned before sitting up, we agreed to go and see if we could take our baby home. When we were refused I nodded silently and we left. Gloria would be here for about a week, then we could possibly take her home. The car journey was silent, there was nothing to say. A lone tear escaped my eye and ran down my cheek, stopping at my chin as I brushed it away.

When we got in, I went straight to bed. It was only two in the afternoon but I didn't feel like doing anything. Billie laid next to me but we again, stayed silent. Until he finally broke it, "what did we do to deserve this?" It was clearly rhetorical but I answered anyway. "I don't know. I really don't know." I cried. More tears continued to spill, I didn't have the mental capability for this. I felt selfish. Here I am crying when it's Gloria who has to go through this. I stopped feeling pain and went numb. As if a light had been put out, here then gone in a flash. I laid back and screamed internally. "I'm going over to see the guys and tell them, do you want to come?" Billie inquired. For some bizarre reason, I nodded. Quickly, I brushed my hair and re applied my eyeliner.

We pulled up outside of Tre's house. Mikes car was there too, we stepped up to the front door and walked in. I hesitated but eventually followed Billie. "HEEEY!" Tre screamed. "Hey Tre." Billie smiled weakly. Tre and Mike looked from Billie to me, "what's up?" Tre asked worriedly. "Billie, kitchen." Mike stated. Billie released his grip on my hand and followed Mike, guess I'm telling Tre. We both sat on the green quilted sofa, "spill." He said. I looked into his eyes and managed to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill. "I-it's Gloria.." I stuttered. He cocked his head, "what's wrong with her ?" He was puzzled. "C-c-cancer." Then I completely lost it and started to cry so hard.

A few minutes later we were all sat in the living room in silence. There was nothing we could say. Everyone seemed to be done, with everything. If Gloria dies, I don't even want to think about how me and Billie will react. We need something positive in our lives, we all thought it would be Gloria. In a way it is but... She's so young and beautiful. She doesn't deserve this, nobody does.

It was a difficult night. I couldn't sleep and it was currently 3 am. Angrily, I sighed, pulling on some socks and trudging downstairs. I jumped when I saw Billie sat at the dining room table with a mug. His eyes were red and swollen from crying and his hands shook vigorously. Looking threw the cabinets, I pulled out some paracetamol and handed one to Billie. They should calm his shaking down, as well as his paleness. As he finished his drink, I extended my hand "come on" I said in a quiet voice. He nodded and took my hand. After that, I seemed to fall asleep a lot quicker. Tomorrow could hold anything.

AN IM SO SO SO SORRY! It was evil but I needed a plot twist! Il just go now... Friday is the new update day