Chapter 4

*Adelyne's POV*

I was in the RV bathroom with Jacqui who was helping with my eye. She dabbed it with a wet cloth but I winced.

"Ow, ow, ow okay Jacqui stop!" I yelled

She stopped and looked at me. I sighed and felt my eye throbbing. Damn! that was a good hit. He certainly had an arm.

"How's Carol?"

"She's okay. Ed not so much Shane got him good, but are you okay?" Jacqui asked.

I stood up and ran a hand through my hair pushing it away from my eyes.

"I'll be fine, just hope Carol will be okay and Sophia. I know she gets hurt too. I'm tempted to kill Ed" I explained.

"Yeah but-"

Jacqui stopped when we heard yelling coming from outside the RV. We both came out ans seen Daryl angry. I scanned for Katie who was standing with Lori and Carl, good she was safe.

"He either is or he ain't!" Daryl yelled.

He was back from his hunt and found out what had happened when Rick, Glenn, Andrea, Jacqui, TDog, Merle, and Morales who all went to Atlanta for supplies. Rick walked closer to Daryl.

"There's no easy way to say this so I'll just say it."

"You got something you want to tell me?" Daryl asked glaring at Rick.

"Your brother was a danger to us all , so I handcuffed him on a roof. Hooked him to a piece of metal he's still there."

This was probably killing Daryl inside. I wasn't therer in Atlanta but we were told what had happened. Daryl paced for a few seconds,

"Hold on, let me process this. You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!" he yelled.

"Yeah" Rick spoke calmly.

Daryl stared down Rick and everything was standing still. I was about to walk over and step in before things got bad, but then Daryl threw the squirrels he caught at Rick and went to after him. Too late. Shane knocked Daryl to the ground where he took out his knife.

"Watch the knife!" TDog warned.

Daryl stood swining while Rick dodged every swingand Shane grabbed him and Rick made him let go of the knife. Shane had Daryl in a choke hold.

"You best let me go!"

"Nah I think it's better if I don't" Shane said keeping his grip.

"Choke holdings illegal"

"Yup file a complaint."

Rick knelt down in front of Daryl who was pantingand looked at him.

"I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic. Do you think we can manage that?" Rick asked.

Shane waited for Daryl to calm down and then let him go.

"What I did was not on a whim. Your brother does not work and play well with others."

Ain't that the truth! I thought.

"It's not Ricks fault I had the key I dropped it." TDog confessed,

"Couldn't pick it up?" Daryl asked.

"I dropped it in the drain."

Daryl got up throwing dirt to the ground and walking.

"If it's suppose to make me feel better it dont."

"Well maybe this will I chained the door so the geeks couldn't get at him with a pad lock" TDog explained.

Rick looked at Daryl.

"It's gotta count for something."

Daryl turned and I seen his expresssion get sad and he wiped his eyes. Did he just shed tears?

"Hell with all y'all! Just tell me where he is. So's I can go get him."

"He'll show you. Isn't that right?" Lori said.

I looked at her I hadn't exspected her to speak.

"I'm going back" Rick said.