Chapter 44

*Daryl's POV*

I sat behind Adelyne on the steps and wrapped my arms around her shoulder. She clutched onto them an leaned into my embrace and I kissed her ear through her hair. I felt her shiver and then giggle. I loved this woman she was the most amazing thing that ever walked into my life. And I'd be damned if I was going to lose her.

"So the Randall thing" I started.

I felt her sigh and she leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

"I heard they're deciding his fate. I'm positive that they're going to kill him" her voice was soft.

I leaned my chin on her shoulder.

"You don't agree?" I asked.

I was becoming intoxicated by her smell she smelled amazing. And she was like putty in my hands. I loved the way she melted into my embrace and was so comfortable with me unlike some who were intimidated by me. Adelyne ran her fingers along my forearm and kissed my arm.

"I don't know. I was a mom so killing a kid is something I don't want to do. I honestly don't think he would hurt any of us. I went to see him, he just seems like a scared kid and-"

"You went to see him? By yourself?" I asked suddenly irked and concerned for her safety.

She angled her head so she could look at me. Her green eyes peering into mine with concern and uncertainty.

"Yeah."

I released her and she turned completely looking at me. A few locks of hair came lose from her ponytail and layed across her shoulder and the way the light was hitting her she looked like an angel. Damn this woman. This is why I wanted her to be safe. Adelyne was a great fighter and a good shot with a bow and gun but she was impulisive. Not all the time but sometimes. And there was no way I was going to lose her because she felt the need to take matters into her own hands.

"I don't want you going to see him Adelyne. He's a threat his friends can roll through and hurt us. Kill us all, I'm not going to lose you because you're being reckless" I explained to her.

Adelyne's eyes widened and she scoffed.

"Yeah his friends. Not him Daryl he is a kid can't be any older that twenty or so. I don't think he would harm us" she explained.

I ran a hand through my hair. She wasn't understanding the point.

"Adelyne he was part of the group. He shot at our friends your father. He could've died-"

"Yes but he's okay and he's here that's over and done with. Daryl he's a kid. A scared teenager and we're going to kill her and for what because we're scared?" she looked at me with a confused look.

I bit my lip and sighed. I was seeing her point but I cared more about her than I did about this skimpy kid. I ran a hand through my hair looking at her.

"Aren't you?"

Adelyne sucked in her bottom lip and caught it with her teeth and shrugged unsureof how to answer. I waited for an answer but she never offered one. I watched as Adelyne stood up and she bent down and pressed a kiss to my mouth and I watched her walk away. The swing of her hips had me locked. Her knife was in the holster along with her gun that also hung in it's own spot. Her legs were great and I couldn't help but stare. My eyes wandered to her boots that came up tp alomst her knee and stopped. I seen the knife she tucked in her boot shining in the light and I shook my head. Damn she was such a badass and she was so sexy. How did I ever get so lucky?