Chapter 17

*Adelyne's POV*

I was laying with Daryl he had his back to me and I was humming to the song on my Ipod that was playing and tracing Daryl's tattoo with my finger. I watched his back muscles ripple when I touched a ticklish spot. I rubbed my finger across one of the many scars on his back with a feather light touch. I assumed they hurt at one point I kissed his back and felt him moan with delight. I went back to tracing his tattoo and humming. I was totally consumed in my thoughts when Daryl spoke pulling me from my thoughts.

"They're from my Dad" he said.

I knew he meant the scars on his back. I ran a finger across one,

"I'm sorry he did this to you."

That's when Daryl turned and faced me using his hand to move hair that had fallen into my eyes.

"It was a long time ago. It's over now and I'm okay" he said and pulled my body closer to him.

I had put clothes on and Daryl did as well leaving his shirt off.

"Well I'm glad you're okay Daryl"

I ran my hand along his chest and smiled as my sking touched his bare flesh. He was so warm and laying with him I felt so comfortable.

"You are going to get through this you know that right?"

Instantly I looked up at him. He was talking about my moving forward and accepting what happened to Katie.

"Well see" I said looking away from him.

Daryl used his hand and tilled my head up so I was looking at him. I gazed into the blue eyes and felt like I was going to melt into a puddle.

"You will. And no matter what, it's not your fault I want you to stop blaming yourself"

That's when a tear slid down my face betraying me. I didn't want to cry, not now. Daryl wiped away the tear and kissed me then held me close to his chest.

"Get some sleep" He mumbled.

And we both fell asleep wrapped in eachothers arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we woke up we both went down to were everyone was eating and we sat and ate as well. I could feel Mike looking a me but I just avoided him and ate the eggs in slience. Glenn groaned and Jacqui rubbed his shoulders. Poor Glenn was hung over. Not long after Daryl and I came down Rick joined as well.

"Are you hungover?" Carl asked. "Mom said you would be."

Rick did a fake smile.

"Mom is right" he said.

Lori bit into a peice of bacon.

"I have that annoying habit."

Her eyes flickered up and met my gaze. I shook my head knwoing what happened between her and Shane. She betrayed her husband and hopped on Shane's junk. A real bitch move either way you looked at it. But that was just my opinion. Just then that's when Shane came down and sat down.

"What happened to you?" TDog asked.

Shane looked at him and TDog pointed out his neck and shane took a sip of the glass of orange juice in front of him,

"Must have done it in my sleep"

"Never seen you do that before" Rick said.

Shane locked eyes with Lori and shrugged.

"Me neither not like me at all" he said.

I shook my head and just looked down at my plate of eggs my appetite gone. I leaned my head on my hand and stayed like that and suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and i looked up to see Daryl.

"You alright?" he asked.

I nodded and looked at Mike and he mouthed I'm sorry to me. I knew he was but I was just having trouble accepting his apology who knew if I ever would. I was so upset Katoe was gone. I blamed myself more than anything. But I also blamed Mike. He was suppose to watch her but I was the dumbass that left. Which made me regret going to Atlanta even more. I noticed out the corner of my eye that Dr. Jenner came down looking tired.

"Doctor I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing" Dale began.

"But you will anyway" He said pouring a cup of coffee.

"We didn't come here for the eggs" Andrea told him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking trailing behind the group and that's when Mike stopped me. I stepped back a few steps so I wasn't right up against him.

"Adelyne please just talk to me please. I'm going nuts it's killing me, were still friends right?" he asked.

I rubbed my arm and looked away from him then back.

"I never said we weren't friends. You just don't understand, Katie is gone and I hate myself for it. And-it's just- it's the facat you were suppose to be watching her and weren't it makes it so hard to even look at you sometimes" I confessed.

I have to admit it felt good to get that off my chest. I had been holding it inside. Mike went to touch my shoulder but I moved away and shook my head.

"Adelyne"

"I can't let you touch me. I just can't" I said quietly.

He reached for me again and I moved back.

"You can let Daryl touch you anyway he wants like last night. But you won't let me touch your shoulder. Adelyne I heard you guys last night"

I looked at him and suddenly felt uncomfortable and moved my bangs from my eyes.

"It's really none of your business what we do" I explained to him.

"I just don't want you to get hurt"

"Look Mike. I trust Daryl and he's never done anythiing to hurt me. He's been nothing but nice to me. So thanks for your concern but I know what I'm doing" I told him meaning it.

Daryl had been very kind and caring to me. He never hurt me and always wanted to protect nad do what ws best for me and Katie...when Katie was alive.

"Okay. Just know that I will never stop loving you Adelyne I mean it. But I am truly sorry about what happened at the camp I feel horrible" Mike told me wtih a frown and looked away.

"You and me both" I mumbled.

We heard boots and both looked up to see Daryl and he grabbed my arm leading me away from Mike but he followed closely behind since we were all headed to the same place. Daryl's hold on my waist tightened and he pressed a kiss to the sensitive spot of my ear and we kept walking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is kinda long. but enjoy :)