Chapter 31

*Rick's POV*

I was sitting next to Adelyne's bedside and smiling. She was going to live and that made me so happy. Lori was leaning against the bed frame and running her fingers through Adelyne's brown and smiling.

"I'm so relieved she's going to be alright" Lori said glancing to me.

I nodded and reached taking her free hand and kissed her hand and Lori leaned closer and I kissed her. Carl poked his head,

"She's still sleeping?" he asked annoyed.

"Come in bud" I said.

Carl ahd wanted to talk to Adelyne ever since he knew she was okay but she hadn't even opened her eyes.

"She's not awake"

"Well I wannt talk to her" Carl told us.

He set her Ipod down on the table next to her and walked away. I admit I wanted to talk to her too. Adelyne scared me too death I thought she was going to die. It made me worry and feel sick to my stomach.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Adelyne's POV*

I opened my eyes and looked around. It took me a minute to register in my mind what had happened. Oh yeah I was shot, man did that suck it hurt too. I sat up wincing and just as I did TDog came walking through the door.

"Hey there" he said.

I smiled.

"Hey T what's up?"

"Oh not much everyone was worried about you. The rest of the group arrived this morning. How are you feeling?" he asked.

I shrugged and pushed my hair away from my eyes. I probably looked like a train wreck.

"I'm a little sore, but I'll be fine...not that I'm not happy to see you but um.where's-"

"Where's Daryl?" Tdog finished woth a twinkle of amusement in his eye.

He chuckled.

"Your prince charming is out looking for Sohpia. He was really worried he's been here since he heard you were shot. Which was yesterday and he barely left your side each time he was near you, you were sleeping. I'll let him know you're up when he gets back" he told me giving me gentle hug and leaving.

Not long after that Rick came in and stopped with shock to see me sitting up.

"Hey princess" he kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, how are you? You gave everyone a scare, Me, Lori, Daryl. We all stayed here with you."

My thoughts drifted to Lori, did she tell Rick?

"Lori stayed with me?"

"Yeah she was emotional. Adelyne she may not have given birth to you but she loves you like a mother loves their child. She was so happy when she knew you were going to live she cried with joy" Rick explained.

Remember to take a mental note to talk to Lori. Rick explained everything that happened and how Shane risked his life for me and how another man lost him life trying to help him. That made me feel bad, I have to make sure to thank Shane and tell the man Hershel that I was sorry for his loss. Hershel walked in and smiled.

"I'm here I heard you were awake, is it alright if I check you over?"

I nodded.

"Sure."

After Hershel checked me over I started to get up but he stopped me.

"You are not well enough to get up yet. You're reconvering from a surgey I want you to stay here a while longer okay."

I sighed. I did not want to sit around all day and most likely sleep. Uh man this is going to suck.

"How long do I have to stay here?"

"I'm going to say about a day and a half maybe you can get up early. I will be back to check on you frequently" Hershel said.

Rick smiled and kissed my cheek walking out of the room.

"Can someone get me a shirt?" I called after him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I layed back in the bed bored as hell. And still no one brought me shirt, I stared at the ceiling too bad there was nothing on TV anymore.

"I have to pee."

I scanned and seen a bathroom that was connected to the room. I wasn't supposed to get up but I had to. The door was closed, I should be quick no one would even know that I got up. Slowly I pulled myself out of bed and on my feet, my legs were shaky and I grabbed the end table and took a few steps. Ha! go Adelyne. So far so good. I made it too the bathroom and closed the door so I could go in peace. As soon as I was done I looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed I knew I looked awful I rolled my eyes, I opened the door and seen Daryl leaning against the closed door to enter the room. He looked so sexy, his bare arms crossed over his chest and his one foot leaning against the door to hold him up. His blue eyes locked with mine. My skin tingled and I felt so undressed, I stood in jeans and my bra.

"I heard you were awake" Daryl's voice was low and husky.

"Y-yeah I'm awake."

"Good."

Quickly he walked towards me and his lips crashed against mine and gently he pulled me close to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------