Chapter 12

*Daryl's POV*

My heart sank in my chest. And I knew Adelyne's was broken. Katie was gone instantly my hand went to my pocket and pulled put the braclet she had given me. BE HAPPY how as that possible? Katie the little ball of sunshine was gone. I watched Adelyne sobbing and I felt horrible there was nothing I could do. Her heart was broken, everyone exchnaged glances and all stayed silent no one knew what to say. I seen Adelyne get up her hands were bloody and her eyes red and puffy she walked straight up to Mike and he looked at her. I had never seen Adelyne like this she was devestated but you could see the anger in her eyes.

"Where were you?" she spat those words like vemon.

"Adelyne. I'm sorry"

"You were suppose to keep and eye on her! you had one job! one job!" she yelled shoving him so hard it caused him to stumble.

Rick grabbed her arm but she yanked it away and walked closer to Mike.

"My daughter is dead! Why weren't you watching her?!"

Her voice cracked but she was still yelling.

"Adelyne" Shane said grabbing her arm.

She jerked and pushed him in the chest.

"Back off!"

She turned and stared down Mike. Mike sighed and went to touch Adelyne's shoulder but she smacked his hand away.

"Look I'm sorry-"

"Answer my question Mike" Adelyne said her voice cold.

"I can't."

Everything feel silent and I seen Adelyne shaking, she was going to snap she was going to explode. And honestly I didn't blame her I really didn't I was hurting too I loved Katie as well. She wasn't mine but I thought about her as myown daughter. I heard her mumble something and then she snapped and went instantly for Mike's neck. That'd when everyone went and tried to grab her but she was to quick she had Mike and threw him on the ground and got on him punching him repeatedly. Mike tried to get her off but she was mad meaning her strength intensified. Damn Adelyne's a fighter. she couldpack a punch. Mike had a bloody nose from just one hit and he would look horrible later. Rick yanked Adelyne up and held her tight as she fought to get to Mike again.

"Rick let me go!" she yelled.

But he didn't listen to her. Mike got up wiping his face, he went to touch Adelyne again and she jerked back in Rick's grip.

"Don't touch me, I hate you! I hate you!" she cried.

"Adelyne stop," Rick said trying to soothe her.

"No" she said softly "you stop."

She hung her head and began sobbing harder and Rick held her and she fell to her knees. Her breathing getting caught in her chest but she was still crying.

"Katie.."

she crawled back over to her daughter and sat by her side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By morning I seen Adelyne still sitting next to Katie who hadn't turned yet. My heart ached for Adelyne and myself I was going to miss Katie. She was my favorite little girl to see smile. She loved her mother and she was so full of life and she didn't let the world change her something I admired in a seven year old. I wanted to walk up to Adelyne but I wouldn't even know what to say to her. She had been next to Katie all night she probably felt so terrible she grabbed the purple monkey from her bag and held it in her bloody hands. That was the stuffed animal she got for Katie when we were looking for Merle. Katie had never gotten to see it. I was mad at Mike as well he was suppose to watch her he ran like a little bitch when walkers attacked I know he did. And now Katie is gone and Adelyne's heart is shattered in a million peices. I would try my best to help her pick up every peice and give her some type of hope again. Was hope even possible anymore for a mother that lost their child?