Chapter 41

*Daryl's POV*

A few of us decided that we were going to look for Rick and the others last night. I was against Adelyne going but she wasn't going to listen to a damn word I said right now. We were just about ready to go when we seen Hershel's car pull up. Suddenly Hershel, Glenn, and Rick all got out. And Maggie instantly ran to Glenn and Lori, Adelyne, and Carl all went up to Rick and he hugged them all.

"We're alright but what happened to you?" Rick asked looking Lori over.

"I was in a car accident"

"Accident how?"

"I went looking for you" she explained.

"Snuck off by herself I brought her back" Shane told him.

"Are you crazy you could've-"

"Who the hell is that?" TDog asked.

We all looked to see where TDog was pointing and there was a kid in the backseat with a blind fold on and he looked to be out cold.

"That's Randall" Glenn told us.

Who the fuck was Randall? He better not become a threat to anyone exspecially Adelyne. I wanted him no where near my girl she needed to be safe.

———————————————————————————-

I found Adelyne sitting in her tent by herslef holding onto Katie's purple monkey and my hand slipped into my pocket and I held onto the bracelet that had been made for me. Adelyne brought the stuffed animal to her mouth kissing it. That made my heart ache for her I threw Katie's death in her face. I watched her lean her face onto it and start sobbing. No not it was my fault I did this to her. Sighing I unzipped her tent and she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I didn't even say anything to her she stood up and I walked over to her pulling her into a tight embrace as she sobbed. I stroked her hair and she wrapped her arm around my neck and I couldn't help but love how she felt in my arms. This was the woman of my dreams, the love of my life.

————————————————————————————————————-

*Adelyne's POV*

I had accepted Daryl's apology but his words would always ring true to me but I would never tell him that. We all stood in Hershel's house and listening to Rick talk.

"We couldn't leave him behind. he would've bled out if he lived that long, it's gotten bad in town" Rick told us looking around.

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asked.

Hershel walked in drying his hands.

"I repaired his calve muscle best I can but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week" he explained.