Chapter 22

*Daryl's POV*

It made me feel better that Adelyne at least ate something it wasnt much but she did eat. I was shuffling around getting fuel when Rick came running up quickly.

"Daryl"

I looked over immediatly and he told me a herd was coming and ran to tell Lori. I immediatly ran to Adelyne her back was to me. I turned her and immediatly covered her mouth she struggled then noticed it was me and calmed down.

"Don't make a sound. Get under the car and stay there until I come get you alright?" I said softly.

Her eyes got worried and I ran a hair through her hair.

"It'll be okay just stay under the car."

I kissed her and she got under the car. I had seen TDog cut his arm and fall when a walker went to go after him. I ran quietly shoving and arrow through the head and bringing it to the ground. I put a finger to my lips and put the walker I just killed on TDOg and pulled one on myself and I met eyes with Adelyne as the walkers shuffled by. She covered her own mouth to silent her sobs. I gave her a look telling her it was going to be alright. It seemed all the walkers has passed and then we heard screaming a little girl scream. I immediatly looked at Adelyne who struggled getting out from under the car and took off. NO!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Adelyne's POV*

Katie! no that was Sophia's scream, it seemed my body had a mind of it's own and I was crawling out from under the car. I took off running toawrds the screams, my heart was racing. I needed to save her. What happened to Katie was not about to happen to Sophia. i stepped over the railing and tumbled down into the woods. I got up losing my balancing sliding for a moment and then I started running. Sophia I need to find Sophia!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Daryl's POV*

Shit! I got up helping Tdog and then ran to the railing where Lori was holding a crying Carol and everyone was standing. I shoved through

"Out of my way" I said running into the woods.

I was angry I told Adelyne stay under the car and she didn't listen to me. She was going to get herself killed and I was going to be without her. I didn't want to even think about that I cared about Adelyne to much to lose her this way. I ran blindly hoping I would see her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Rick's POV*

I was running looking for Sophia she was being chased by two walkers and I had to go after her. I ran and she ran into my path and I grabbed her and she screamed. She seen it was me and reached for my gun.