Chapter 20

*Adelyne's POV*

Daryl threw the bottle of alcohol at the sealed door and it shattered into pieces.

"Open the damn door!" He yelled in fury.

Shane, TDog, and Daryl all tried to open the door taking axes to it. Everyone was crying me included. I sat against one of the work benches and Mike was holding me as I was in tears watching everyone try and open the door. I looked around at everyone. Carol was holding Sophia, Lori was holding Carl, Andrea sat against one of the work stations and everyone else was standing.

"I should've left well enough alone it would have been so much easier?"

"Easier for who?" Lori asked with tearful eyes.

"All of you. You know what's out there, Ashort brutal agonizong death" He looked at Andrea. "Your sister what was her name?"

Andrea looked at him.

"Amy"

"And Adelyne your daughter?"

I looked up from Mike's chest and sniffled.

"Katie."

Jenner leaned closer to us.

"Amy, Katie. You know what this does you've seen it. Is that what you for your wife and son?" Jenner asked.

"I don't want this!" Rick told him in a firm voice.

I wiped my tears away.

"This isn't right you can't just keep us in here!" I yelled at him.

"Wouldn't it be kinder. To just hold your loved ones and wait for the clock to run down?"

"We don't deserve to die like this!" Carol cried.

I stood up as Shane came up out of breath he leaned his head on one of the work stations and looked at Rick.

"Can't make a dent" He said.

"Those doors are designed to withstand a rocketlauncher."

I seen Daryl come up raising and axe.

"Well your head ain't!"

Dale and Shane all stopped Daryl. I walked over trying to calm him down and he dropped the axe taking my face in his hands and kissing me then pulling me into his arms. I started to cry all over again and his hold on me tightened. I collected myself and leaned against a work desk. Please let us get out of this!

"There is no hope there never was" Jenner told us all.

"There's always hope maybe not here but somebody somewhere-"

"What part of everythings gone don't you understand?" Andrea asked.

My eyes widened in shock. No way she was agreeing with this guy. He was giving up but we didn't have to.

"Shut up Andrea!"

Andrea glared at me.

"Sorry Adelyne but no one hit your buzzer" she snapped back.

Before I could say anything Jenner spoke.

"Listen to your friend she gets it. This is what takes us down. This is our extintion event" Jenner said calmly.

Suddenly we heard a gun load and seen Shane walking up with a loaded gun and walked up to Jenner. And people panicked.

"Open that door or I'm gonna blow your head off do you hear me?!" Shane yelled.