Chapter 48

Sorry about the font on my computer everyone.

*Adelyne's POV*

Daylight had fallen by the time we got back to the highway. I hadn't slept all none of us had. I guess were were all still in shock. The farm was gone we just couldn't believe it. Rick stopped an we all got out.

"Where's mom you said she'd be here" Carl looked at Rick annoyed and betrayed.

I leaned against the car deciding that I should sit this conversation out. All I wanted was Daryl just Daryl. I wanted him to hold me. I wanted to hear him tell me he loved me. I wanted him and everyone to be okay. But I also had to be brave for Carl, Rick, and Hershel. They needed me we all needed eachother.

"Carl-" Rick began,

"No. Whay are we running? What are you doing? It is Mom. We need to get her and not be safe a mile away" Carl yelled.

I put my hand on his shoulder letting him know that he needed to calm down. There could be walkers on the highway.

"Shh you need to be quiet all right? Please." Rick asked.

Carl nodded.

"Please...it's Mom."

"Carl listen--"

"No" Carl cried walkig away.

I looked at Rick and his sad eyes looked at me.

"I'll get him."

-----------------------------------------------

I walked after him.

"Carl."

He stopped and looked at me.

"What?"

"Just stop okay. Please and talk to me" I told him.

"Do you think we should go back?" he asked immediatly getting to the point.

"Carl listen. You know I love Mom too. But there's nothing we can go back too. The farm is overrun everyone single car is gone. You need to believe she's okay. I'm sure mom is fine and headed here right now."

-------------------------------------------------

I manged to get him to wak back over with me where well waited. We tried to wasit as long as we could but walkers kept roaminig around. Hershel was going to stay on the highway and wait He wanted Rick to get me and Carl to safety.

"We aren't leaving you we-"

That's when we heard the sound of cars pulling up and I heard the lovely sound of a motorcycle.

--------------------------------------------------------

*Daryl's POV*

We pulled onto the highway every single car. I found Glenn driving so I followed his car. And we all showed up here. I heard Lori cry out and that's when Adelyne appeared like she was looking for me too. I quckly turned off my bike and ran to her. I crashed into her and picked her up off her feet and held her and I actually started cry just as she did. I put her down and looked at her through tearful eyes and kissed her then pulled her against me again.

"My god I was so scared I would never see you again" I whispered my voice cracking from tears.

She held me like it would kiil her if I ever let go and I ran my hands in her hair.

"Daryl I love you so much. I'm so glad you're okay. Don't ever leave me please."

I pulled away and looked at her.