Chapter 37

*Daryl's POV*

I held Carol away as she cried leaning on the ground and I looked back at Adelyne who was on her knees her head down, she was crying to. I lifted Carol and she didn't come easy but I got her to her feet.

"Don't look, don't look" I told her.

She pushed my hand away and walked away crying. I just stood, damnit Sophia was dead. I really believed she was dead and now she wasn't. I looked down at her body and my heart sank another life lost. Another little girl at that, oh no a little girl I looked at Adelyne and she was on her knees her hands flat out on the dirt her head down. I walked over to her and she didn't move I bent down.

"Baby?"

She just shook her hed and I heard her sniffle. Shakingly she stood up and I reached for her and she recoiled and I looked shocked she just looked at me and then walked over to Sophia's body kneeling again. SHe grabbed her hand just like she had when Katie died she ran her hand through Sophia's hair and I seen her lips move but couldn't make out what she said. I felt for her and Carol. She and Adelyne had losing a child in common and it was sad. I felt for Carol she was devesated I wish there was something I could do to help but what can I do. I waited patiently for Adelyne to say her goodbye's.

--------------------------------------

*Adelyne's POV*

I looked at Sophia and sighed. Poor Sophia, poor Carol oh my. Suddenly a flashback washed over me of the night in Atlanta when Katie died. I had held her hand and told her I loved her. Oh my Katie. I picked up Sophia's cold hand and wrapped both of mine around it.

"I'm so sorry Sophia" I whispered.

Letting go of her hand it fell back to the ground and I stood up and walked over to Daryl and he pulled me into his arms and we stayed that way for a while. I felt the urge to cry but I supressed it and that's when I heard yelling. it was Shane, Rick, Hershel and Maggie. My anger filled me Shane might have ruined everything for the group and Id be damned if I was going to die on the road because of him. I pulled away from Daryl and ran towards them and Daryl followed behind me calling my name but I ignored him. Hershel went inside and Rick and Shane were talking. I took Shane by the arm and yanked him to face me he looked shocked. I pushed him and he stumbled

"You idiot!" I yelled.

And I started hitting him repeatedly in the chest and I swung for his face but he caught my wrist and I still tried to hit him but he grabbed my shoulders making using my hands inpossible. Daryl grabbed me and pulled me away.

"Adelyne sweetie calm down" Rick told me as he looked back at Shane.

Daryl held me in his arms protectively and I yelled.

"Are you kidding me? I should beat the shit out of him right now!" I looked at Shane. "Trust me Shane if you get us kicked off this farm I will beat the living hell out of you. I'll be damned if I die on the road because you had to be hot headed and do whatever you felt like doing."

Shane glared at me and stepped forward and Daryl's hold tightened around me and he moved me away.

"Back up man" Daryl growled.

"Shane back up" Rick said right after Daryl.

"Listen here Adelyne the reason you're alive is because of me. Watch what you say" he walked away.

I looked at Rick angry and he looked at me shocked.

"And you"

"What?" he asked.

"What the hell were you doing with the walkers? Are you stupid?" I asked.

"Adelyne it was a delicate situation I-"

"I'm sure it was but it was stupid and reckless. You know they're dangerous"

I told Rick and got out of Daryl's grip and looked at him.

"I have to go see Carol."---------------------------

well the walkers in the barn are gone and Shane is more hot headed then ever. And poor Carol now she has to greive the loss of her daughter. Will Adelyne be able to help or will it remeind her too much of Katie and hurt her?-------------------------------------------