Chapter 27

*Daryl's POV*

We were all walking through the woods making our way back to the highway looking for Sophia. Lori turned around a looked, we all stopped.

"You still worrying about it?" Andrea asked.

"It was a gunshot" she said looking out into the woods.

"We all heard it" I told her.

She turned towards me and looked at me seriously.

"Why one? Why just one gunshot?"

I shrugged.

"Maybe they took down a walker" I suggested which was probably it.

"Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker or Shane they'd do it quiete."

What she was saying did make sense.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol asked in her timid little voice.

"Nothing we can do about it anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes."

"So what do we do? "Lori asked.

"Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia work our way back to the highway."

"I'm sure they'll hookup with us back at the RV" Andrea said trying to assure her.

We all started to walk again and Andrea walked up to Carol.

"I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel" she said.

Carol lookred ready to burst into tears and cry but she held them back.

"I suppose you do. Thank you. The thought of her out here by herself...it's the not knowing that's killing me. I just keep hoping and praying she doesn't wind up like Amy."

I seen the look on Andrea's face. Pure hurt and I knew it I seen that look on Adelyne's face more than once and it hurt me to see it on her.

"I'm sorry that's the worst thing I ever said" Carol told Andrea realising what she had just said.

"We're all hoping and praying with you. For what it's worth."

That's it. I walked over to them and looked them both in the eye.

"I'll tell you what it's worth. Not a damn thing it's a waist of time all this hoping an praying. 'Cause we're gonna locate that little girl, she's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one zen around here? Good lord" I told them and then we all kept walking.

As we walked I thought to myself. Adelyne and everyone else should've caught up with us already. Where were they? I must admit I was getting worried. I wanted to see Adelyne's face and know she was doing fine. I'm sure she's okay but I wanted to know for myself. I was falling for her fast and hard she meant the world to me and so did Katie. My hand instantly went to my pocket and I clutched the bracelet in my fist. I wish Katie my sweet little ball of sunshine was still alive she was the cutest. She was my daughter I loved her like she wa my own. My heart ached everytime I thought of her which I did often. I did a better job of hiding my sadness. I wanted to do something special for Adelyne at least just to see a smile on her grogeous face. Maybe I would talk to Rick about something and get his intake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Rick's POV*

I was sitting with Shane, Carl was on the front porch listening to Adelyne's Ipod and talking wtih Hershel's youngest daughter Beth. I floded my hands together and put them up to my face.