Chapter 35

3 weeks later

*Daryl's POV*

I was hunting and looking for Sophia with Adelyne who was in front of me carrrying her sexy looking crossbow and damn she looked fine herself. I watched her hips sway and it had me in a trance she glanced back at me and chuckled.

"Enjoying the view?" she asked.

I chuckled and looked at her as she glanced back again and bit my lip.

"Oh always."

I caught up and fell into step with her and we were silent for a little while.

"So what do you think we should do about the walkers in the barn?" she asked.

We found out there were walkers in the barn that Hershel had on his property and now everyone was freaking out about it. The barn had been secure no one even knew about it until Glenn said something about it. I shifted my crossbow and grunted,

"It aint my business, but clearing it might not be a bad idea."

Adelyne shrugged and we kept walking looking for Sophia. I watched her she was really into finding Sophia and I understood why, she had lost her little girl and it hurt really bad. I clutched my pocket for a minute and felt the braclet that was given to me. I bit my lip and summed up enough courage to ask my question since it had been bugging me for a while.

"Do you miss him?" I asked softly.

 Adelyne stopped and looked at me with a puzzled and the light hit her perfect and I loved the way she looked

."Who?"

"Mike" I told her.

 Adelyne turned away from me and we kept walking.

"He was my friend so yes I do miss him. I'm sure you miss your brother. I don't know what you exspected me to say. If you were hoping I would say no you were wrong" she explained to me

.Honestly it wasn't what I wanted to hear but in a way I knew she was going to tell me she missed him. I caught up with her again.

"Yeah...I miss Katie" I mumbled.

This made Adelyne completely stop and I looked back at her when I realised she wasn't following. She was just looking at me and then looked down and that's when I walked over to her and lifted her chin up so she was looking at me. I ran my hand across her face and she closed her eyes as if she was savoring my touch. Opening her eyes she looked at me again.

"You miss my daughter?"

I nodded.

"Yeah I know she wasn't mine but I thought of her as mine. She was a ball of sunshine and she was nice. She looked just like you and the night we went to Atlanta she gave me this."

I pulled out the braclet and Adelyne looked at it and chuckled slightly she must have seen Katie do something similar or she thought it was cute, she didn't say.

"Katie was sweet like that and I miss her....I miss her everyday I wish she was still alive" Adelyne said and I took the bracelet back and nodded and placed a kiss on her lips.

We kept walking when Adelyne quickly grabbed me and pushed me against a tree shocking me.

"What the h-"

"Shh" she said cutting me off.

We were silent and that's when I heard it voices. I motioned for her to follow me and we hid and seen Shane with Dale and Dale had a gun pointed at his chest. Adelyne gasped and started to get up but I pulled her back down and we watched for a moment and then Dale put the gun back adn shoved the gun back at Shane and walked away. I looked at Adelyne with just as much confusion as her.

"Let's get back."

——————————————————————————————————————————————————We made it back to the farm before Shane and Dale and everyone was sitting on the porch. Andrea and TDog were there and we heard them talk.

"He left with Hershel we were suppose to leave a few hours ago" Andrea said.

"Yeah you were" Adelyne told them as we walked up.

My anger started to boil inside me.

"Damnit isn't anyone taking this seriously? We got us a damn trail"

"Rick told us he was going out" Carol walked up standing with everyone.

That's when Shane came up carring the bag of guns and held out a shot gun and looked at me.

"You with me man?" he asked.I took the shot gun with pleasure.

Adelyne looked at me shocked but I ignored it.

"You already got yours?" Shane asked Andrea.

She nodded and TDog was given a gun he looked confused.

"Thought we couldn't carry"

Shane looked around at all of us and we all stood wondering what was going to happen next.

"Well we can and we have to. Look it was one thing standing around here pickin' daiseys when we thought this plac was suppose to be safe but now we know it aint" he walked up to gun and offered him a gun. "What about you man you gunna protect yours?" Glenn took the gun and I heard Adelyne sigh.

"Oh no" she mumbled.

I knew what he had in mind and if it kept Adelyne safe that's all I cared about.

"Can you shoot?"

"Can you stop? You do this you had out these guns my Dad will make you leave tonight" Maggie explained with an angry look on her face.

 "We have to stay Shane" Adelyne said as she walked away from me so she was face to face with Shane.

Carl came down the steps and stood near her,

"What is this?" Lori asked coming into view

 "Well Hershels gotta understand. We need to find Sophia am I right?" he bent down to Carl and tried to make him take the gun. Lori pushed him away.

"Rick said no guns this is not your call this is not your decision to make!" she said stern.

Shane rose and Adelyne put a hand on his chest and he looked down at her.

"Listen to Lori okay. Listen to me this is not the way to do it just stop please, we'll find another way" her eyes held a sincere look.

I just didn't like the fact her hand was on his chest. No one said anything and for a moment, Adelyne had him. I thought he was going to stop his tirade and then we heard TDog.

"Oh shit!"

Rick, Hershel and Jimmy all came out of the woods and Rick and Hershel had walkers on poles and were leading them. Shane shoved Adelyne's hand away and started running.

"Damnit" she said.

Everyone took off running with Shane.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————-

ENJOY the update :)