Chapter 11

*Adelyne's POV*

We were walking back towars the van we came in and I could feel Daryl looking at me. When I ran up and hugged him the way I did back at the nursing home I don't know what came over me. I was just so happy to see him, see everyone come back for me I predicted they would. Thank god i was right who knows where I'd be. I was anxious to get back to camp and see Katie. I held up and feel behind holding my gun falling in step with Daryl who was hanging back.

"Hey about the nursing home. I probably took you by suprise I'm sorry. Didn't mean to throw myself at you" i said with a smile.

"You didn't throw yourself at me" Daryl siad defensive.

Why was he getting angry? Maybe he took it a diffrent way then how I said it? I decided to let the matter drop and kept walking with him. It was silent for a second and then he took my arm and looked at me as we walked.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you from being taken. I tried I really did. But it scared me...I thought you were hurt or possibly dead. I'm sorry for all that Adelyne."

My heart skipped beats. He was worried about me. Daryl Dixon was worried about me? We caught up with a group a little bit.

"Admit you only came back to Atalanta for the hat" Glenn joked.

"Don't tell anybody" Rick said.

I chuckled.

"Given away half our guns and ammo for people can die anyday" Daryl said.

Rick looked back at him.

"Not nearly half."

"Serously how long so you think they got?" Daryl asked.

As we appraoced we seen the van was gone.

"We left it right there who would take it" Glenn asked.

"Merle" Rick had a stern tone.

Everyone looked at Daryl and he took a deep breath.

"He's gunna be taking some vengance back to camp."

My eyes became wide. No Katie was there. I didn't give it a second thought I took off runnig and everyone followed after me calling my name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night had fallen and I slowed to a walk with everyone and as soon as I seen camp and heard gunfire I took off just like everyone. We ran and the camp was full walkers and people were yelling. We started shooting walkers and I frantically looked for Katie. I couldn't find her.

"Katie!" I screamed.

Gunfire was ringing in my ears and I seen Mike. I ran to him,

"Where's Katie?!" I asked,

He shook his head nervous.

"I don't know."

I became frantic and looked again.

"Katie! Katie!" I screamed.

"Mommy!"

I heard her voice and seen her then she was taken down by a walker and bitten.

"NO!"

I shot the walker down and ran to Katie and tried to stop the bleeding. I was crying, Katie no.

"Baby baby oh my god. What do I do?" I asked sobbing.

Katie looked up at me with her green eyes and put her hand to my face.

"It'll be okay mommy."

Everything fell silent and I knew all the walkers were dead. But my attention was on my Kaite who was laying in front of my dying.

''Katie I'm going to help."

I held her hand and she smiled at me.

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too baby."

That's when her eyes closed and I knew she was gone. I am a terrible mother I couldn't even keep my own daughter alive. I grabbed her body,

"Katie no, Katie!"

I hugged her body and just cried. Not my daughter no.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My gosh this chapter made me so sad I'm literally crying right now. How will Adelyne cope? Will she give up hope?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------