Chapter 68

hi guys sorry its taken my so long to update. I apologize I just had a lot going on. Here's an update. There might be another one later, I haven't decided yet. Enjoy love you guys <3

*3 days later*

*Adelyne*

We had gotten word that Andrea had left Woodbury headed here and she never made it. It scared me, and we were making sure we were out of here. The governor was bound to show up he was gearing up for war.  I had packed up my stuff and I was helping Beth. I picked up a hat,

"Oh this is cute, when did you get this?" I asked examing it.

Beth turned and looked at it.

"Remember when we were on the road and we stopped in the house that was falling apart?" She asked.

I thought back to that. It was literally coming apart. A light came down and nearly hit Carol missing by a hair. It hadn't been my favorite place but we weren't there long.

"Yes I do."

"I found it upstairs in one of the bedrooms. You can have it if you want Al" she told me.

I smiled and slipped it on my head.

"Thanks.....so what do you think about all this?" I asked.

Beth shrugged.

"I mean if it keeps us safe it needs to be done."

I bit my lip,

"Are you worried about Andrea?" I asked.

"Yes. I hope she's okay."

I did too it gave me knots in my stomach not knowing. I helped her finish and was going through my bag when I got called down by Rick.

"What's up?"

"You're going to be staying with Herhsel, Beth and everyone Daryl insists" Rick explained.

I nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay? Just like that?" He asked shocked.

I chuckled.

"Yeah why?"

Rick shrugged.

"I was just expecting more of a fight from you. But 'Okay' thanks for making it easy. "

"Damn I'm not doing my job" I joked.

Rick laughed and kissed my forhead.

"But I do want you coming to Woodbury. You're one of our best shots. Daryl, Michonne, and I are going. We need you"

I nodded and told him im in.
----------------------------

We had retreated the prison, well a few of us. Hershel, Beth, Carl, Carol, and myself and my sisters family. We hid and waited for things to be over. I leaned against the rock and jumped when I heard shots going off. I knew it was from the prison. I was never really a religious person but I prayed that everyone was okay. I prayed I would see my family. Suddenly we heard feet running and we all popped up and Carl aimed his gun as did Hershel. The kid stopped running.

"Put the gun down son" Hershel told him.

This kid looked scared and he was slowly lowering his gun. He almost had it down when suddenly a shot went off and he dropped dead. I was shocked and looked at Carl. OH NO!
I looked at Beth, Hershel, and Carol.
--------------------------------

*Daryl*

We had went to get everyone. And we were putting our things away. I seen Adelyne in a cell setting things up, she was wearing a hat. But what had me more interested was the bent over position she was in. I leaned in the cellway.