Chapter 45

Here is my update as promised I hope you like it <3

*Adelyne's POV*

I was sitting around the fire with everyone waiting to hear a shit basically as everyone was. I looked at Lori who looked at me and I looked away. Dale had wandered off not wanting to be a part of what was about to happen and I honestly didn't blame him. Lori hung her head and groaned.

"You okay Mom you need anything?" I asked.

She looked up at me and shook her head.

"No I'm okay just tired and stressed" she said.

"That's not good for the baby" I pointed out feeling bad she had to deal with all of this on top of being pregnant.

She nodded knowing just like me that stressing out wasn't good for an unborn child. Rick took me in and stuck his neck out for me. I had gotten arrested and had been pregnant at the time. When he came in to talk to me he could see that I was a scared little girl and I needed her and he helped me and for that I loved him as a father and we've been that way ever since. I picked at my jeans and tried not to wait for a shot which I knew everyone was. We all looked around at eachother and I smiled when I seen Glenn and Maggie snuggled close together. They really were a cute couple. We waited and waited for wht seemed like hours taking someone's life can't be that easy. Suddenly we seen Rick, Shane, and Daryl walking up. I hadn't heard a shot I stood with Lori and Carl was coming up with them. He walked past us into his tent and I waited for Rick to tell us what had happened.

"We're keeping him in custody for now" Rick told us.

"I'm going to go find Dale" Andrea said getting up and walking away.

I stood looking at Rick with my arms crossed over my chest waiting. My eyes glanced over his shoulder to Daryl who nodded at me.

"He wanted to watch" Rick told Lori and I. "He wanted to watch us shoot him"

Lori hugged him and I did to and went to go talk to Carl but before I got to the tent I heard a scream and took off running as did everyone else. Daryl had made it there first killing a walker and we all stopped when we seen Dale ripped open for the walker that was dead on the ground. My heart sank into my gut. Oh my god Dale. I bent down next to him and touched his face.

"Hang in there Dale. Rick!" I screamed.

He came running up and Andrea was also kneeling next to Dale crying I wiped away my own tears. No Dale! Rick came running up bending down next to him,

"Just listen to my voice, listen to me, all right? Just listen to me, all right? Okay, hold on now. Get Hershel! He needs blood. We got to operate now." Rick yelled.

I cried.

"Hang on, Dale. Hang on" Andrea cried.

Dale's eyes darted to everyone of us as he started panting and moaning in pain. My heart was ripping into peices watching him on the ground like this and there was nothing I could do.

"Listen to me. Come on, just listen to my voice. All right? Please! Hershel! We need Hershel!" Rick yelled again.

"Look at me" Andrea siad touching his face.

"Dale, we're gonna help. We're here. Just hold on. Please, hold on" I told him sniffling wiping away my tears once more.

That's when Hershel came running up to us and looked at the scene.

"What happened?" he asked.

"What can we do?" I asked looking at Hershel.

"Dale, it's gonna be okay" Glenn said looking down at him.

Dale was dying I heard it as he breathed and I stood up clutching my stomach afraid I would have an anxiety attack.

"Can we move him?" Rick asked.

Hershel looked at Rick and then Dale.

"He won't make the trip."

I sniffled and ran a hand through my hair and looked at Daryl who came over to me and held me close as I buried my face into his chest. His arms wrapped around my tightly as he hugged me. It seemed he was trying to protect me from anything bad. I pulled away and watched everything unfold as I stood leaning on Daryl.

"You have to do the operation here. Glenn get back to the house-"

"Rick" Hershel said putting a hand on his shoulder and shking his head.

"No!" Rick cried.

"Oh god" Andrea cried.

And everyone sobbed as Dale fought to take air into his lungs.

"Dale" I sobbed clinging to Daryl who's grip tightened on me.

Dale moaned in pain and then suddenly Carl latched onto Lori crying and I wanted to hug him but I couldn't pull myself away from Daryl's arms.

"He's suffering. Do something" Andrea said.

Everythign got quiete and all you could hear was Dale and that's when rick pulled out his gun.

"Oh god" I said and I buried my face into Daryl's chest again for a moment.

Rick looked at Dale and I knew he was about to cry and this was hard for him. Was he going to be able to do it? I watched Rick's hand shake and so was his whole body. He was crying. I watched him aim as Dale suffered on the ground and I seen that he couldn't do it. That's when Daryl pulled away from me and I watched him slowly take the gun from Rick's hand and look at him. He knelt down and aimed the gun and Dale actually leaned his head up to the end of the barrel.

"Sorry brother" he said and pulled the trigger.

A gun shot rang through the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You're a true walking dead fan when you cry. I cried like a baby writing this chapter sorry if it's kinda short.