Chapter 43

*Adelyne's POV*

I stood there stunned Daryl nodded at me putting a hand on my shoulder then walking out. I looked back over to Dale who was talking with Rick I jogged over when Rick walked away and looked at Dale.

"So how did it go?" I asked.

By the look on Dales face im guessing not good.

"He's giving me the day to talk to everyone's and we group together and decide his fate at sunset"

I nodded and put a hand on his shoulder he looked at me.

"What do you think about this?" Dale asked.

"I don't know. To me he is a kid and seeing as how I was a mother, killing another kid that's not something we should do. But that's the only way I can look at it honestly" i explained.

Dale nodded and ran his hand across my cheek and I rubbed his arm and he kept walking to go talk to everyone. I sighed and walked back going in the house.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I sat next to Carl who was sitting on the couch reading a book. I put my arm around him.

"What's up little man?" I asked.

Carl closed the book and shrugged.

"Nothing reading this book for the second time it's boring. What about you?" He asked looking at me.

"Same just chillen with my favorite guy"

Carl scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Isn't Daryl your favorite guy?" He asked with chuckle.

I leaned the side of my head on his and pulled him into a hug squeezing him.

"No you're the number one guy in my life" i told him kissing his cheek.

"Oh gross! You're squishing me" Carl told me.

I chucked.

"Nah that's no squishing you. This is"

I let go off him plopped down on him sitting on his back and his yelled as I smushed his face into the couch messing up his hair.

"Eat couch kid."

He moved his face free laughing.

"Adelyne get your fat butt off me!"

"Fat? Is that what,you just said? Thats it" i moved pushing him into the couch more.

I loved being able to play with a kid again. I loved Carl and considered him a little brother to me. Carl yelled laughing.

"Say Adelyne you're the best"
I told as he struggled to get free.

"Never, off me fatty"

I was going to hold him down and make him say it but he got his arm free and gripped my side tickling me and i squealed falling to the floor. And that's when he used my falling to his advantage and got on op of me pinning and tickling me. I screamed laughing trying to get him off me but it didn't work.

"Say Carl you're the best- do it!"

He kept tickling me and I was trying to talk but I was laughing to hard.

"Stop" my voice came out a husky laugh.

He kept tickling me.

"Say it missy"

"Carl!!" I yelled.

"What's going on?" A voice asked.

We both looked to see Rick and Carl go off me and I stilled laughed trying to catch my breath. We both stood and Carl told Rick we were just playing around. I ruffled Carl's hair and told him it wasn't over and we continue and he left to go find something else to do. Rick looked at me and smiled.

"You're good with him. He loves you."

"And I love him. What's up?"

"Randall"

My smile faded immediately.

"What about him?"

Rick ran a hand through his hair concerned.

"Do you think killing him is the right choice?" He asked.

I sighed and averted him. In the words of Lori I decided to say

"If you think it's best."

Rick scoffed.

"But do you think its right?"

I bit my lip and pushed the hair from my ponytail off my shoulder and shrugged.

"He's a kid. Killing a kid isn't my style" i explained.

Rick looked at me he looked as if he was really processing what i was saying. He sighed.

'Well what if it meant keeping Katie safe? Would you do it then?"

Low blow.

"Well Katie isn't here anymore. To protect my daughter you'd know I'd stop at nothing to keep her safe. But you're asking me to make me a choice based on a scenario that is never going to happen. You do what you think is best Rick."

I left leaving him with that.

Stepping outside I sat the porch alone to get some peace. Everyone was so scared about this Randall guy. Who says he's dangerous his group yeah. But who says he is by himself. Shane wanted to kill him shoot him and leave him to die. It felt inhuman talking about how to kill someone. Who are we to roll the dice and decide who lives and who dies? I am not a saint and I will admit that. But i never killed someone because i was afraid of the harm they could cause me. But that was all before the world world went to hell. Whatever they decided was his fate I didn't want to be a part in any of it. I wasn't to keen in this boy and the fact that he might die. I was also trying to take in the fact that he almost killed the man who was a father to me and my friends his group shot at them almost hurting them. Why did this have to be so difficult?

"Hey Adelyne" a beautiful voice said from behind me.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Enjoy the update guys :)