Chapter 63

Sorry it took me so long to update you guys. But here it is and it's a long one. Enjoy love you all :)

*Third Person*

Adelyne was frozen in shock and for a second and she thought she might be hallucinating.

"Nathan?" she asked uncertain.

He nodded with a smile. And that's when Adelyne flew into his arms and hugged him tight letting a few stray tears fall. Nathan chuckled and hugged her back. Nathan was Marys husband, Adelyne's older sister. And the fact that he was standing here in front of her alive was a miracle.

"Nice to see you too sis" he said.

Adelyne's clutched his shirt,

"Mary? My sister? Is she alive? Is she here?" she asked in a rush nearly shaking him.
------------------------------------

Adelyne followed Nathan as he led her back to his campsight. She was so happy to learn that a small part of her family was alive. She thought everyone in the world she had ever known was dead. Besides her group of course and even they had lost some of their own. Her group! They must be worried sick about her. She left in the middle of the night just to get away for a bit. It felt like she was suffocating whenever she was around Daryl and that seemed to be all the time. She just wanted to hunt and take a breather. She left a note stating that she was going to be okay and she was.

"Are you okay? You're sort of limping" Nathan asked.

Adelyne looked at him being brought out of her thoughts.

"Yeah I'm okay. Thanks for showing up when you did. I thought I was a goner" she told him.

Nathan nodded.

"No problem, honestly I didn't even exspect to see anyone, surely not you" he said with a shocked tone.

Adelyne honestly thought the same. She stopped mid step realizing something.

"Wait, what are you doing here? You guys lived in Florida, why are you here?"

Nathan looked at her.

"Well when everything fell apart Mary tried numerous times getting you on the phone but we never got through. And then the lines were down and she insisted that we come get you we made it to your house but you and Katie were gone."

Adelyne stopped in her tracks at the sound of Katie's name. It had been a while but it felt like Adelyne had just lost her yesterday. She missed her everyday though the pain hurt it was becoming bearable. At first it felt like even taking a breath was hard. But dwelling on something that was done was pointless. No matter how many times Adelyne cried or screamed it wouldn't bring her daughter back. Nathan stopped noticing her not following and turned to her.

"Adelyne, are you-"

"I'm fine" she answered holding up her hand. "Can we please go see my sister?"

Nathan nodded and wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kept walking.
---------------------
*Adelyne*

We neared the campsight and the only reason I knew was because I seen a tent that was set up. My stomach felt tied in knots. How long have they been living this way? Nathan told me to wait, before he had a chance to say anything my sisters head popped out of the tent. Her eyes gazed up at her husband and she must have felt my eyes looking because her gaze flickered to me and her eyes widened. I smiled and thats when Mary nearly bulldosed Nathan and ran to me engulfing me in a tight hug. I hugged her back and cried tears of joy at being reunited with my sister. She pulled away and I looked at her. She still stood several inches taller than me her frame a bit smaller than usual.