chapter forty-two: welcome home

"welcome home"

(y/n)'s house

you didn't have a choice.

you ended up disclosing the truth to levi. the whole, ugly truth.

propped up against the headboard, your arms lay draped over your stomach, fingers fidgeting edgily as the last knot of your confession slipped out. for a while, your boyfriend just listened, absorbing everything you said in a stillness that felt suffocating.

"brat...why'd you keep quiet about this for so long?"

"because," you wavered."i thought of myself as a murderer...i don't know...seeing all those protesters outside the clinic and watching videos on it, just made everything so much worse. i guess i tried to forget about it in my own messed-up way..." you sighed, sinking deeper into the mattress.

"you're not messed up."

out of nowhere, levi crawled into bed, caging you in his arms, a timid smile radiating off him. his lips brushed your shoulder, sending a shock of warmth down your spine, devilish yet tender.

"oh, wait," you interrupted, shoving him away lightly."i have morning breath. let me brush my teeth first."

__

somehow, levi knew exactly what type of pads to buy for you. apparently, him and petra had the same exam that day, and he, being clueless about these sort of things, forced her to accompany him to the store. that explained the random message you'd received from her while you were out cold.

imessage
raru🌷

raru🌷
are your cramps bad? how are you feeling?

you
i'm fine, thanks. also, thank you for helping levi with the stuff. i'm sure he would've been completely lost without you.

raru🌷
haha! of course!
also, (y/n), i want to apologise again for what i did. i know you probably don't want to hear it, but you're one of my best friends, and i really miss you. i know what i did was so horrible. but i hope you can find a way to forgive me.

you
i miss you too. and just so you know, i've already forgiven you. i was never really angry to begin with, just confused and surprised. it all sort of came out of nowhere. but it's not your fault. you can't control how you feel.

raru🌷
really?

you
of course! you're my best friend, always will be.

raru🌷
then, can we talk about this in person? i have an english test this morning. but afterwards?

you
sure, i have a catch-up anyway.