~ Chapter 21 ~

I tried to scream into the persons hand, trying my hardest to grab the attention of the others but it unfortunately occurred to me that we were too far away.

I noticed a secluded area full of trees. The person let go of my mouth and I immediately let out a shrill scream.

"Audrey! What are you doing?! It's me idiot." I heard an all to familiar voice.

I spun around to face a smirking Niall.

I shoved him, "What are you doing?! Are trying to kill me?! Why on earth would you do that?!" I whisper yelled.

He just stood there smirking. "Stop smirking at me!" I glared at him.

"I wanted to talk to you." he fiddled with his fingers.

"Well congratulations Niall. Your plan was a success." I mumbled sarcastically.

"It was the only way you'd probably agree to talk to me in private." he shrugged.

"I didn't even agree to this! It's like bloody surprise adoption."

"May we?" he held out his hand towards me.

"Do I have a choice?"

He thought about it for a while, "No."

"That's what I thought."

He guided me over to a bench and he sat down, I sat down next to him and faced him.

"Tell me your problems Horan."

He rolled his eyes, "I wanted to apologise..."

I scoffed, "For what?"

"Being a dick. For not accepting your job and how hectic your schedule is. We were building our relationship only to have it tumbling down again. All because of me. I'm sorry. I destroyed our happiness."

I grabbed his hands, "I appreciate you apologising Ni, but I feel like this is more my fault. I should've taken a minute off from all that work and called you. I shouldn't of ignored you, it wasn't very mature on my behalf, and I'm sorry for everything in general babe." I looked down.

He lifted my chin up to meet his gaze. He stroked my cheek with the back of his fingers gently, and leant in, meeting my lips. I pulled away gently and stroked his cheek.

"I'm also incredibly sorry for hurting you. I've never ever felt so ashamed of myself." I looked down.

I felt his hands grip my waist and gently lift me up, setting me down on his lap. I still refused to meet his stare.

"Audrey. Audrey. Darling look at me."

I peeked up at him through my lashes.

"You did what you though was right. Sure it wasn't the most mature option, but it was probably instinct. The past is in the past right? Shall we start again?"

I nodded smiling at him.

"I'd like that."

"So would I." he buried his head in the crook of my neck. He traced over my wrists and I winced. He questionably looked at me and rolled my sleeves up. I heard him gasp slightly.

"Audrey. You did this to yourself?"

I nodded, ashamed. "I thought I lost the most important people in my life this seemed like the only way to relieve myself."

"Don't ever do this again. Please. You don't understand how much you mean to me. I don't ever want to lose you. Please never ever. Promise me. Audrey promise me."

I nodded and laid my head on his chest, "I promise." I whispered.

*Ebony's P.O.V*