~ Chapter 24 ~

That week went by extremely quickly. We had so many days out as a family, we went to zoos, movies, parks, museums. I was enjoying myself so much. Over the course of the week I had gotten incredibly close to both of my nieces, which I was thankful for. Most nights I'd get a knock on the door with a small voice mumbling, 'Aunty can I sleep with you tonight?' or 'I had a bad dream, can you please sing me to sleep?' I'd always do as they say and they'd be so appreciative afterwards. It warmed my heart to be able to say I was these girls' aunt.

"Can we go out into the backyard?" Willow asked sweetly. I nodded and grabbed my shades, walking out into sunlight with her clinging onto my hand. I was wearing a simple, grey floaty tank top with some denim shorts finished off with black converses.

"Can I go in the pool?" she asked.

"Can you swim dear?"

"Yes aunty." she giggled.

"Off you pop then." she laughed and took off her floaty dress, leaving her in a cute two piece. I smiled and found a shaded area under the giant trees. There was a four piece swing set so I sat on it.
I was happily swinging back and forth when I got a message from Cara. She had sent me a picture of her and her cousin both cuddled up watching Pretty Little Liars.

Cara - You've got me obsessed!

Me - Oops 😏

Cara - It's not funny god damn it! I'm already halfway through season 1!

Me - Quick process Maxwell.

Cara - Time flies when you're having fun Edwards.

Cara - GUESS WHAT?!

Me - WHAT?!

Cara - You know for all these years I've been training as a makeup artist?!😏

Me - Yeah?

Cara - Well basically you know Peter Phillips' sad departure to Dior a couple of years ago? 😞

Me - Carry on...

Cara - they want to try me out

Me - What

Cara - you heard me.

Me - ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?

Cara - YASSS AS AN INTERNSHIP WITH CHANEL YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW EXCITED I AM AUDREY.

Me - OMFG CONGRATULATIONS.

Cara - THANK YOU. I START ON THE 1ST MARCH.

Me - SO HAPPY FOR YOU 👭

Cara - YOU SHOULD BE 😂 I GOTTA GO MAN I THINK MY DADS SET THE KITCHEN ON FIRE. I SMELL BURNING HUMAN. LOVE YA

Me - LOVE YA TOO.

I set my phone down giggling to myself. Anna came and sat down next to me with two glasses of really refreshing looking drinks.

"Anna. Hey."

"Hey love." she sat down next to me and sipped from her drink whilst keeping a watchful eye on Willow.

"Can I ask you a question?" she mumbled almost inaudibly.

"What's wrong Savannah?" I looked up at her, "You know you can tell me everything right?" she nodded and placed her drink on the table in front of us.

"I- I think I might be uh having another child." I choked on my drink.

"What?" I sputtered out, "Anna was it planned?" she shook her head no and burst out crying. I quickly embraced her into a hug. "Shh don't cry. Don't cry. Try to breathe and relax."