~ Chapter 10 ~

Once inside he let go of my hand, before turning around and shutting the door. We stood in the middle of the kitchen soaking wet and breathing heavily.

"This is just great isn't it?" I mumbled sarcastically, peeling my hoodie off leaving me shivering in a tank top. Niall touched my arm.

"You're freezing! Come on let's get you changed." He placed a hand around my waist and guided me towards the staircase. We walked upstairs into my bedroom whilst Niall walked out again to go find some candles I had lying around the house.

I heard him go downstairs and shuffle things around for a while. I decided to wear a onesie and knotted my hair into a messy bun. Thank god the straightness didn't frizz. I have a mop of curly hair and its a pain in the neck to straighten it, although it's not always that bad. I walked into the spare room and searched around in the dark to the chest of drawers that was placed by the window. I was walking across to it when suddenly I whacked my knee on the bed post.

"Motherfu..!" I shouted," That hurts like a bitch!" I screamed whilst holding my knee.
Somewhere downstairs I heard Niall shout "Audrey?! You alright?!"

"Yeah! I'm fine Niall!" I shouted back.

I picked out some joggers and a shirt for Niall out of the chest of drawers. Funnily enough both items of clothing were his. He must have left them here the many times he stayed here. I closed the door before walking downstairs. I saw that Niall had set the fireplace up, illuminating the room. A few candles were lit here and there throughout the house and it helped greatly with my sight of things.

"Got you some clothes Ni. You're soaked." he was sat on the couch on his phone.

"I'm fine Audrey." he insisted.

"Not having it. Get up Niall." I sternly said motioning my finger upwards. He sighed and stood up.

"Are you going to-?" he blushed. I didn't understand what he meant before I understood that he probably wanted me to turn around.

"Oh yeah sorry." I stammered before turning to the fire and plumping the large cushions that Niall had placed around there and sat down on one of them. On the coffee table I spotted two mugs of hot chocolate and mentally reminded my self to thank him later. He came and sat next to me grabbing the mugs and handing me one. I took a sip and decided to wait for it to cool off.

"Like it?" he asked.

"Yeah I do! Its just a bit hot." I answered sheepishly. He chuckled before both of us turned to the fire.

"You know, if I'm honest... I quite like... this." he motioned with his hands.

"There's no distractions no noises. It's so peaceful. It's weird to get used to since I'm always surrounded by screams from concerts." He chuckled before taking a sip from his cup.

"I quite like it too. I love to just sit and read by the fire or sit on the windowsill on a rainy day." I softly replied looking into his eyes.

"Sounds like something out of a movie." He rolled his eyes. I groaned.

"Way to ruin the moment Horan." I rolled my eyes. He just smiled and leant his head onto my shoulder. I sighed in content and placed my arm around his shoulder. His phone started ringing breaking the peace.

He sighed before turning to me "I'm sorry I need to take this." he furrowed his eyebrows before swiping his thumb across the screen. "Hello? Hey Harry. Nah I'm at Audrey's. No of course not! Are you being serious? Well how else then? Yeah I guess. I'll ask her. Yeah I'll be there. Alright bye." he hung up.

"Audrey can I stay over tonight love? The roads are blocked." he sighed.

"Of course! You're welcome here anytime." I answered smiling. He smiles back before pulling me into a long hug.

"What else did he say?" I asked.

"Oh he asked if I was going to be at the studio tomorrow. We're recording the song 'Fireproof.'" he smirked at me.

I gasped, "That's amazing!"

"Want to come with?" he asked shrugging.

I nodded my head. "Sure."
I took a long sip out of my hot chocolate, warmth filling my body.

"Can I play you a song that we wrote?" He asked out of the blue.

"It's another song from the album." He set his mug back on the coffee table before turning over to me. I nodded excitedly.

"I'll go get a guitar." He stood up and I presume he went into the music room. I heard him shuffle around a bit before returning back to me. He came and sat next to me facing my way, he placed the guitar on his lap and strummed a few chords. I got comfortable and faced him whilst he unlocked his phone.

"Now let me start off by saying this is a rough copy. We haven't finished the song yet but I'll sing part of it." he smiled at me before pulling up the notes app and going on to the song titled '18'. He started strumming the song, a relaxing melody filling up the silent living room. He took a deep breath before starting,

"I got a heart
And I got a soul
Believe me I will use them both
We made a start
Be it a false one, I know
Baby, I don't want to feel alone

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands pressed to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
All I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you
I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

We took a chance
God knows we tried
Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine

So pour me a drink, oh, love,
Let's spend the night wide open and we'll see everything
We can livin' love in slow motion, motion, motion

So kiss me where I lay down
My hands pressed to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

I have loved you since we were 18
Long before we both thought the same thing
To be loved and to be in love
And all I could do is say that these arms were made for holding you, oh
And I wanna love like you made me feel when we were 18

When we were 18
Oh, Lord, when we were 18." He finished looking at me. I was almost in tears. He placed the guitar next to him and leaned over to me and hugged me tight.

"I'm guessing you liked it?" he whispered in my ear. I laughed through my tears.

"It was beautiful." I replied.

"Why are you crying love?"

"It's just the way you played it and the meaning behind it. You looked like you meant every word. I've never been so moved by a song." I whispered wiping my eyes.

"It wasn't even the whole song." he laughed. I laughed too. Soon enough a silence fell between us. It wasn't an awkward silence nor was it a comfortable one. Just, silence. No words were exchanged just eye contact.

I felt myself looking deeper and deeper into his mesmerising eyes. I saw him looking back. It seemed as though his eyes were reading my emotions and my thoughts. Without even realising I noticed that we both had inched closer to each other and our lips were only centimetres apart. I unintentionally looked down at his lips and then back up to his eyes. I decided that no matter how hurt I had been in the past, I would not let it get in the way of my future. I told myself that I would never fall for Niall. Or anyone in fact. But here I found myself disobeying my own rules as I leaned into to him, placing my lips onto his.