|| 26 ||

They probably had taken a bit too much time to kiss and enjoy the feeling of excitement about the upcoming days together, because at some point, Liam had to walk into the main room to ask them to sit down so that they could fly off.

About Harry's comment that he was sorry for Liam, who really had a special job he probably never imagined to have when he had worked his way up to L'eau Courante's highest security, Louis laughed and fell down on the chair next to the taller's.

"He's used to it", he answered amused, immediately taking Harry's left hand.

"And he knew it's going to be a hard job"

"Still", Harry chuckled, shifted a bit to make himself comfortable in the seat. While doing so, his eyes never stopped from looking at his small boyfriend, whose eyes now lay on the anchor tattoo of Harry's left hand.

"Since when do we sit next to each other?"

The question put a grin on Louis' lips, while he looked next to him.

"Well, if I have to choose between being able to put my feet on your lap or to lean onto you, kiss you and hold your hand... you thought I'll choose the first?"

But before Harry could answer, the smaller sat up, while humming.

"You probably hoped so. Don't worry, I'll put my feet on your lap as soon as we're flying"

In disbelief, Harry huffed, making the other man grin more.

"I just asked and you seriously start with this shit again"

"Instead of a ring I should have gifted you a pic of my feet and ankles"

"You're mean"

At Harry's pout, Louis threw himself on his boyfriend, hands cupping his face to hold him still as he pecked his lips a few times.

"Hmm and you're handsome"

The taller smiled through the pecks.

"You're in a very good mood, Lou"

"Why shouldn't I?", Louis answered, poking his dimple, before his hands left his face to take both hands of his boyfriend as he looked down.

"For a whole weekend, I'll be gone from everything and just enjoy the time"

While saying this, his voice got softer but not less happy, while he looked so cheerful and beautiful as he smiled and his eyelashes almost touched his high cheekbones.

"You're so gorgeous"

The answer wasn't what Louis had expected, so he blinked and looked up. At the fondly sparkle in Harry's green eyes, he breathed out, butterflies making his whole body tingly.

"Fucking charmer", he said, while both his thumbs were rubbing over each hand he was holding. Then he looked down, nodded happily as he saw the ring on his finger.

"Now I understand", he heard, hummed asking.

"The ring is like the anklet I gave you"

"What?"

Harry grinned and shook his head in realization. Why hadn't he noticed before?

"The ring is an excuse to look at my hands just like you told me the anklet was for having an excuse to look at your ankles"

Louis looked caught when he kept silent and looked into Harry's eyes. Then he made an insulted sound, while letting go of Harry's hands to sit back properly.

"It's nothing new that people find hands attractive, but you're the first to actually have an ankle kink. So don't compare that you stupid frog", he defended himself, arms crossing over his chest stubbornly.