|| 32 ||

Warning: Mention of eating disorder!! Only a short mention for a few paragraphs, but I still wanted to put a warning xx

***

Jimmy Choo's.

It had been one of Louis' favorite shoe brands. And now, every time he looked at the label of the brand, he heard Quen, saw her wiggling the golden shoes while she grinned happily at him the day she had picked him up in the hospital.

'Jimmy Chooooo's!'

On this day, they had driven to Jackson's house; Louis had thought it was a bad idea. And in the end he had been able to let go of so much. When he thought of the terrace, he didn't see himself proposing to Jackson. Instead, he saw Quen and him sitting on the swinging couch, talking, laughing, cuddling, caring for each other and promising to get this piercing.

Exactly this piercing was what Louis was looking at right now in the mirror, when he heard Quen's amused voice in his ears. His biggest fear was to forget her voice and her loud laugh. There's a saying that the first thing you forgot about a person was their voice. Right now, Louis couldn't imagine he would ever forget it. But often had he needed to watch old videos of his family to not forget their voices. It was a scary thought.

"Lou?"

Louis blinked when the voice of his boyfriend woke him from his wandering mind.

"Are you ready?"

Harry stood in the hallways, put his hand on the closed door of the bathroom, behind which Louis was standing.

"I'll be down in a minuet", Louis answered without really changing his position in front of the mirror.

"Okay... I'm downstairs, yeah?"

"Sure"

Louis got no answer then, assumed Harry had walked away. But apparently, he had stood there for a few more seconds, not sure what to say.

"Maybe bring a jacket; it's getting colder since we're in the woods and the sun's gone by now"

"Already on it", Louis answered, looked to the jacket in his hands.

"Alright", he heard, before he heard the steps of Harry when the man walked away.

Louis' head lifted, his eyes met his reflection. Then, he breathed in deeply, began to slide into the sleeves of the black leather jacket. Quen's leather jacket.

He didn't know if he would be able to not have a breakdown in the next few hours. He didn't even know if he would be able to walk down the stairs without collapsing because of the heavy feeling in his chest when he thought about his dead friend and the situation he would get into this evening. Louis closed his eyes for a moment, took a deep breath.

While inhaling, he heard the voices of the others outside.

While exhaling, he heard Quen's laughter in the distance; somewhere in the dark woods, far away.

***

[Flashback; earlier]

Exhausted, Harry breathed out and put his chin on his hand, while he looked down to the paper in front of him, clicked the pen closed and open. At first, the group had focused to plan this weekend. But as soon as the topic what they would do for dinner tonight had come up, everyone was back in discussing. He felt like in a meeting from DEATH.

"Just believe me, princess", Jackson now said, already annoyed.

"It's better to do the barbecue tonight and tomorrow we can do the pasta thing without meat"