|| 7 ||

It was weird. Instead of being in another country, Louis and Harry were in the same country but separated. As if they again didn't know each other and were living their lifes without each other. Just like it had been in the past.

But the MOTH wasn't even close to the central in which Harry was. And constantly flying or driving back and forth within Italy was no solution. No, they had to wait. The day had come when Jackson and Louis would take a look through the MOTH. After Danielle had taken over the MOTH, something had changed after her death; DEATH had regained control. But Louis was curious to see what they had changed. Because some of the things Danielle had done had admittedly been very good.

"Do you think they left some of the changes Danielle made?", Louis asked and looked outside. There was nothing more to see than green, because they were just driving through nature. He tried to not think too much and instead tried to appear serious. Because the MOTH reminded him of Danielle. Danielle reminded him of the things she had done. Most of all, she reminded him of the break-in at the smaller central in Italy, where Quen had died in the end. He would probably not go back to that Central until he had to.

Quen.

She had done everything right. Of course, how could she ever fail? The network data had been sent to the COURT.

"As if DEATH would do that", Jackson replied, still staring at his phone, just like the last few minutes.

"Well, some things made it really difficult for us. Didn't you see the moving walls? Harry said they saved Danielle from your shooting"

"As if I'd forget that", Jackson muttered almost insulted, now looked up from his phone. Louis had been a bit surprised, because Jackson had also been on his phone so much earlier. It couldn't have been his team because he was using his private phone. But maybe someone from the inner circle? But he didn't notice Louis' curious look, kept talking when he looked at it again.

"Still, I think that DEATH more likely stole her ideas and made innovations itself. It would be stupid to simply adopt Danielle's technology"

Louis nodded slightly, then frowned.

"What makes you think that?"

It took Jackson a moment to stop typing and look at the smaller one who was frowning harder at this behaviour.

"Well, in the end this was LIFE's plan and they can somehow hack easily into the system or something like that", he explained and Louis made an 'Hm' before nodding slightly.

"Yeah, that's right right"

With that he looked out again. There was a silence created in the car again. But in the reflecting window and because of the reflecting screen, Louis saw how Jackson was still looking at his phone and typed abundantly.

So after a while, he turned to him.

"Who are you texting so much with?"

"With Harry"

"What?"

Jackson gave him an annoyed look and Louis' mouth opened as he understood. Right, it was none of his business.

"Oh. Right. Sorry. I just was curious"

And with that he turned away again. The words of Lizzo came back into his head. Did Jackson have someone new? It was suspicious. But as if Jackson would ignore his work ... right? Well, actually, they were just sitting in the car.

But it wasn't Louis' thing anymore. Thoughtfully, he, too, took out his phone. But Harry hadn't texted him back. Admittedly, Louis had been very busy yesterday and today and therefore hadn't been able to text much. But thank God Harry didn't expect that. So Louis shouldn't expect Harry to text him back directly, too. He was probably doing something with Niall right now. Louis shook his head at the thought of the two of them and how well they got along by now.