|| 41 ||

"I don't have to ask what you were doing earlier, when you disappeared for a while... right?"

Louis opened his eyes, looked straight into Taylor's face he only could see partly. Given to the bright stars above them and the fact that they were in nature and not in a big city, their light was enough to make out her silhouette.

"You should sleep instead of worrying about that, Tay", was everything he answered his friend, before he shifted around on the mattress, which had been quite hard to carry down the stairs earlier. After Louis and Harry had come downstairs, Taylor had at some point wanted to organize everyone to bring their mattress downstairs and to have a sleepover outside for real. It had been chaotic, but by now, the whole group was in a peaceful silence as they all had fallen asleep already. Well, except for Louis, who had thought his friend on the mattress next to him was sleeping as well.

"I'm not worrying about it; neither am I wondering about it", this friend answered now and put her hand under her cheek on the pillow, kept looking at Louis.

"I know how you look after sex, sweetie"

"We didn't have sex", Louis answered and turned on his back with a sigh, looked up into the dark sky. It looked so pretty and peaceful.

"What?!"

Louis flinched at the sudden whisper and the sound of sheets moving, looked at the head he could make out behind Taylor, which had lifted.

"Don't stalk us, dumbass!", he hissed, after he had noticed it was Taylor's boyfriend.

"I need to know what you did!", he heard Yannik's joking voice.

"Go back to your heterosexual sleep!", Louis huffed, looked back up into the sky.

"Hey, I deserve to join your conversation", Yannik answered, laid his head back down behind Taylor he had his arm around.

"And I deserve to have a conversation with my best friend without her stupid boyfriend interrupting us"

"Probably should have waited a bit longer before I reveal I'm awake"

Keeping silent, Louis just rolled his eyes. The silence between the three of them didn't last long (sadly), because apparently, Yannik was in the mood to have a chat.

"I don't know if you forgot through the alcohol, but I made you finally tell your stupid boyfriend you love him"

"Call him stupid again and I'll make sure you will forget that since I will make sure you won't be able to even think anymore"

"He's got a point", Taylor's whisper answered now.

"Thanks, Tay", Louis sighed.

"No, I meant Yannik"

"Traitor"

Louis heard a soft chuckle from Taylor, before he bit his lip in thoughts. It felt like it had been long ago that he had told Harry he loved him, although it had been today... well, yesterday since it was early morning now. Soon the sun would set for sure.

It was crazy; now that Louis had said it out loud, he couldn't believe he hadn't said it to Harry before. And now he wondered if Harry would have told him soon, or if he had thought about it at all...? Maybe he always had wondered if Louis would say it back or if he'd become stubborn again. The thought hurt his heart and he cuddled closer into Harry's arm that was wrapped around him, while the taller man was breathing even and calm.

"Do you regret it?"

Blinking, he looked to the left, although he couldn't see Taylor anyway.

"That I said I love him?"