|| 40 ||

The bitter taste of alcohol ran down Harry's throat, which made him pull a grimace... although he had taken a few shots before that. He exhaled deeply as he lowered the glass in his hand.

"No matter what", he started, while looking into the empty shot glass.

"Straight vodka's always a bad idea"

Niall began to laugh and pushed his shoulder against his friend. It was with more force than he noticed given to the alcohol in his blood; but it probably also was because of the alcohol that the movement was causing Harry to stumble backwards slightly.

"When I look around in our group, I don't think the vodka's that straight"

"Was that an outing, Nialler?"

"Don't tell Louis", Niall joked, before he bumped his empty glass against Harry's without any reason.

"And you spoiled sugar daddy, who's actual a sugar baby, even get to drink the good stuff! Did you ever try a cheap one?!"

"I did", Harry nodded, chose to ignore the remark about him being Louis' sugar baby.

"But in the past I didn't drink much to be honest"

"Because you didn't know me?"

"Well, yeah. But also because I was focused on actually working and getting into DEATH fully. Back then I at least tried to act as if I had my life under control"

"Not very professional", Niall mocked Louis' voice and then lifted the vodka bottle. But he quickly looked at it when he noticed how light it was.

"Did we drink all of it?!", Harry also noticed the empty bottle, Niall made a noise, before he shrugged.

"There wasn't much left in it"

Again, Harry exhaled and blinked a few times. He then looked past Niall with some blinks.

"I probably should take a break", he said and then frowned as he looked to Niall, who currently tried to get a few more drops of alcohol out of the empty bottle into his own glass. A concentrated frown was on his forehead as he did so, while Harry nodded to him.

"You said you took some researches about the bear thing we talked about"

In that moment, a body was pressed against Harry's back, for what he turned his head surprised. Louis made a sound and stumbled, before he was leaning against Harry's right side, one arm around his back so his hand was resting on his left ribs. His face meanwhile was squished against his side as well with another humming sound, while Harry still was surprised and put his arm around his small shoulders to steady him.

"Escort Lou to the loo!"

"Lou to the Lou?", Niall asked confused and looked at Harry as if he would get an answer from Louis' boyfriend.

"Loulou to the looloo", Louis mumbled. Then he smacked his lips, turned his head to press his full face against Harry's body to inhale the smell of his tall boyfriend he was leaning against. He did it so aggressively, one could think Harry was the drug he was currently taking.

"Are you alright?", Harry asked with a chuckle, rubbed his hand over Louis' back.

"I said take me to the loo and not ask me if I'm alright", Louis answered, looked to Niall now, an annoyed expression on his face.

"The nerves of this gentleman", he rolled his eyes. Harry had to laugh, because his boyfriend really sounded as if he seriously was annoyed. And drunk.

"How much did you drink, Lou?"

Again, Louis hummed, which was more whiny as he pouted.

"Jackson made way too many yum cocktails"

Harry's face changed and he looked at Niall alarmed. But this guy was too drunk anyway, kept watching Louis as he apparently still wondered when the small man had meant 'Lou' and when 'Loo'.