𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 - 𝙱𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍

Someone touched my shoulder and I flinched so hard I hit the counter with my arms. Ouch. It was just Hannibal. He, too, looked concern. But that was the only emotion I could see. His mask was on but he was slipping. He gazed at me for a moment before asking a question.

"Is something other then last night troubling you?"

"Will thinks it's his fault that Chilton brought himself onto me," I confessed.

"He came into your room?"

"Yes, and he reeked of alcohol."

Hannibal shrugged, "He didn't sleep a wink last night, just made himself drunk."

"That's..." I spoke, "Sad."

I ate breakfast and returned to my room. Will was no where in sight. Atlas hopped onto my bed and I smiled at him. I closed my bedroom door and collapsed onto the bed, Atlas snuggling by my side.

   Damnit, I should be forming an escape plan! Not getting all cozy in this lovely house! But what am I trying to get back to? Do my friends even know I'm alive? Maybe if I went to Atlanta I'd be able to trigger more memories! Figure out what I truly want.

     I got off the bed and made my way to the door. I needed to wander around the house, innocently, so that I could get a better idea of the layout. My hand hovered over the doorknob for only a second before it was opened by someone else. I jumped back in surprise, seeing Hannibal and Will come into the room.

"We need you to stay here," Hannibal started, "We are going on an errand and will not be back until late in the afternoon."

"What? Where are you going?"

"To town," Will responded, monotonously.

"To do what?"

"That's none of your concern," Will stated.

"Will," Hannibal said sternly.

Will stopped talking and I turned my attention back to Hannibal.

"We're going to the grocery store and Ann Taylor," Hannibal told me.

"Why can't I come?" I raised a brow.

"You are mentally unstable, remember?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and watched as the men left my room after placing a tray of food that would be my lunch for later. They locked the door and I listened as the tapping of there shoes descended down the stairs. Hannibal's steps were lighter and quick, while Will's was heavier and dragging.

Atlas was bored once he woke up and let out a soft bark to get my attention. I could've gone, they just didn't want me attracting attention or whatever. Ann Taylor? They were probably getting me clothes. The casual outift that was given to me by them was good enough, but not good enough for them. Go figures.

They didn't bring up a tray for Atlas. Rude. I searched the room just to make sure, and to Atlas's luck I found two doggy bowls with food and water. When did they put those in here? Atlas jumped off the bed and hurried over to his food. I wasn't hungry and so I just read random books in the room. The first one I started reading was Harry Potter.

The silence of the room was giving me chills. I was waiting for some horror creature or slasher to just jump out of nowhere and scare the hell out of me. Atlas was sleeping on the bed, he didn't seem to be very energetic today, which was fine.

Hours went by until I finally heard the sound of a car approaching the house. My heart skipped a beat and Atlas woke up immediately, rushing over to the door. He hadn't gone outside in a while and he probably needed to go to the bathroom.

I heard the pounding of someone's feet coming upstairs and down the hall until they were at my bedroom door. I was half way done with Harry Potter. Will slammed the door open as if he wouldn't see me there, he calmed down once he saw me sitting on a chair in the corner of the room.

"How was the trip?" I asked, annoyance lacing my question. It was clear that I hadn't earned his trust.

"Good... good." He muttered before leaving.

Will left the door open and Atlas ran out and downstairs. I heard Will gasp in surprise as the small beast sped past him, I snickered in amusement.