𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶 - 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐

"What happened?" Hannibal asked.

"I fell off the bed," I explained.

They seemed to have bought my lie. Perfect. They left the room after helping me up and I returned to the book. I would just need to wait until they left the house. Then I could escape.

  For some reason I was getting comfortable around these men... but what I saw shook me from my trance and reminded me that I needed to be escaping. Was I actually starting to like them? Do I still? This was all so confusing! I could hear Atlas whining and scratching the other side of the door. I walked over to let him in the room. He scurried inside and jumped onto the bed. I suddenly remembered the bullet wound he got and checked his back. Almost completely healed.

   I started exploring the room, checking out every single box, drawer, nook and crannie. I came upon a photograph of Will, Hannibal and me. We were all smiling, seeming to be having a good time. Here's my proof. But I didn't want to believe it. It could be photoshop right? Very good photoshopping? I put the photo back.

Two days went by, in that span of time all I was thinking about was my escape. Will and Hannibal were going to leave today on an errand for several hours. This was the day I would escape with Atlas. If I made just one mistake it would bring me back to the drawing board... or worse. They left with a simple goodbye. I watched them out of a window, waiting for them to be far gone. Once their car was out of sight I waited a couple minutes, then it was a race against time. I had one of Will's old backpacks and stuffed it with things I would need; food, clothes, money, and so on.

The doors leading out of the house and all the windows were locked. All except mine. Atlas was following behind me, bouncing with excitement. I got to my room and locked it, setting my back onto the ground to get to work. I jumped onto the couch and pushed open the window with all my might. It wouldn't budge, it was stuck on something. I had no time just to stand around and try to open it and so I grabbed a solid, medal decoration in the room and threw it at the window. The glass shattered, giving me a way to get through. I made sure no pieces were sticking out. Wouldn't want to get cut and bleed out.

I let Atlas out first, then my bag, then me. It was more different for me because I had to jump to get through the window. Resulting in a bruised stomach. I'd rather a bruised stomach then a cut one. I dragged myself out of the window and was soon standing out of the house. I made it out. Now I need to make it out of the state. I slung the backpack on and Atlas and I walked away from the house. This better work...