"Because I didn't have my Queen with me."

*Xavier*

The room was silent as she spits his name.

The guy, whose name is 'Theo' looked at Valentina with surprise and shock.

Wait a second.

How do they even know each other?

"You two know each other?" Ace the Dick asks them, confused.

"Yes," Theo replies looking straight into Valentina's eyes.

He is daring, I'll give him that.

Valentina who now has a scowl on her face shoots Theo a glare.

"No how is that possible. You are Ace Walton and that is Theo Carter. You guys don't even have the same last names." Amelia asks, looking at both of them.

"It is possible, we are step-brothers. Theo's dad's last name is Carter while my mom's last name is Walton. I kept my mums name instead of taking his name." Ace clarifies the doubt.

"Now how do you two know each other?" Ace asks, looking at both of them.

Valentina sighs as Theo is intensely looking at her.

By the looks of it Ryder, Liam and Jason are trying their very hard to not kill Theo right here, but Theo is not even aware of it.

His sole attention is on Valentina.

Who is looking back at Theo, more like shooting daggers at him.

Armani and Armano are probably hiding in the shadows if you are wondering where they are.

Valentina told them that she didn't want them to be seen with her, she says it will make other people around her see her as a weak person.

They of course had to oblige.

Ace clears his throat to get the two of them to break whatever staring contest they were having.

Neither of them was backing down it was as if Valentina was silently telling Theo to back the fuck off, but Theo was not.

Again,

He is a daring guy.

"Uhh ok. This is getting kinda awkward and I'm getting confused by the second. So will anyone tell me what the fuck is going on? How the fuck do they both know each other?" Ace the dick asks Valentina's friends impatience.

Hell, even I was getting impatient.

But my gut was telling me that whatever the answer was going to be it was not going to be good.

"Theo and Val used to date. They were in love." Jessica said it with so much pain in her voice, it was as if it was hurting her.

Or wait. Was it fear?

Wait a second.

What did she say?

WHAT!!???

WHATTTT??"

IN LOVE???

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN????

As far as I know, Valentina doesn't do relationships let alone love.

She has got to be kidding me!

It's like the entire world is against me getting a chance with Valentina.

First I thought Ryder her friend, then Ace the Dick, who has somehow managed to fucking charm Valentina, then Liam her best friend and now Theo? Her fucking ex!