"Always."

*Xavier*

"Happy birthday Valentina!!!!" The entire hall was cheering as me and Valentina descended done the long marble stairs.

Valentina was momentarily frozen by the sudden outburst of noise.

Ahead of us was Liam, Ryder, Jason, Amelia, Jessica, Ace the dick, his asshole of a brother Theo, Marco, Mike, Enzo, Armani and Armano.

Damn, that is a lot of people.

Some of them were holding balloons while some of them were just standing there smiling.

Wait the fuck up.

Today is Valentina's birthday?

Why am I the only one to know now?

Fuck, I didn't even get her a godamn gift.

They had decorated the grand hall, the theme was all rose gold.

Balloons and all the things you see in a typical birthday.

"You guys know that I don't like to celebrate my birthdays." Valentina said through gritted teeth, she was clearly annoyed.

"We know that Val, but you are always cooped up in that office of yours. You barely come out, so we thought why not cheer you up a bit?" Amelia says excitedly, clapping her hands together.

Valentina took a deep breath and spoke.

"Fine, but after the cake cutting I will be going back to my office. I have work to do." She said, trying to act cool and calm.

But I saw right through her, she was anything but that.

Why don't you celebrate your birthday Valentina?

What is it that has tainted your birthday?

Jason and Liam hooted and started cheering as if they just won a big football game.

Valentina started walking towards the huge cake with long strides as if she wanted to be done with it as soon as possible.

I was walking behind her.

She got near the cake and took the knife in her hands and forced a small smile on her face.

It was forced.

I could see right through her.

Everyone started singing the 'Happy Birthday' song as she blew the candles and cut the cake.

"Happy 20th birthday!!" Ryder hollered, as he made his way to Valentina.

He comes close to Valentina, too close for my liking and bear-hugged her as he spun her around.

"Damn V, can't believe you aren't a teen anymore. Shit, you turned 20 for fucks sake!!." Ryder was genuinely happy, you could see it in his eyes.

I'm good at reading people like that, being in the Mafia they train you to read anyone like a godamn book.

Reading people is a thing I have mastered, what irks me is that I haven't been able to read Valentina since I have met her.

I feel like Edward trying to read Bella's mind.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Valentina smiled back at him and kissed his cheek instead of using words.

Valentina does not have a way with words, that is until she wants to have a way.

From what I have got to know these past months is that Valentina doesn't know how to express her feelings with words, so she uses touch to express them instead.