Meeting at the castle

While Brooklyn was gliding, Sil did have an interest in wanting to look at what it was like up here in the sky. He peeked his head over the gargoyle's left shoulder and looked down. The landscape below was just going by so fast. It gave the Skeksis a weird feeling in his stomach, and he pulled his head back over. He just let Brooklyn do the gliding.

Brooklyn kept on going the direction that Chamberlain had pointed out to him.

Sil kept his eyes ahead to give the gargoyle directions. Chamberlain did tell him that over on the other side of those big hills was where his home was.

Soon, Brooklyn finally had to rest from the flight. Sil was getting heavy. He landed on the edge of a high mountain. Chamberlain was also glad to be back on his feet again. He panted a little, still feeling a bit unnerved from such a new sensation.

"You alright?" Brooklyn asked.

When he caught his breath, Sil replied, "Yes. Just not used to being in air. Very shocking feeling, it is."

"Yeah, I guess it can be, especially the first time, but I've done it most of my life that I forgot how it felt the first time." Brooklyn replied.

Sil walked to the edge of the cliff and saw how close they were to his home. He pointed, "There is castle home."

Brooklyn walked over and saw what Sil was pointing at. It was a huge castle sitting out in the middle of the valley, surrounded by huge cracks too. "Boy, this land needs some rain. The ground is all dried and cracked."

"Those cracks do serve as Skeksis power gained from the outside world during storms. But it not rain much." Chamberlain said. "Yes, does need rain."

"I can see that."

"It stormed just before Emperor died. A couple days ago."

"I didn't quite picture your castle like that." Brooklyn said. "Back on Earth, I live in a castle too."

Chamberlain was definitely interested. "You say you did."

"But mine is more spread out, and has grass outside." Brooklyn said.

"Castle is very big, but dirty. Used to have much grass and green around it. Water too. Time just change it all."

"What do you mean by time?" Brooklyn asked.

"Thra has a thousand trine rule coming to end in just weeks. Great Conjunction coming up and all be renewed for sure. Very special occasion." Sil explained.

"Would be something to see, but I don't intend to stay here that long. Like you said, if your Crystal can send me home, I need your help." the gargoyle insisted. "I think we should just get to the castle so I can get home. It's been nice visiting here, but I don't think I want to live here, SkekSil." Brooklyn said.

"You could stay."

"Sorry. My clan needs me back home."

"Okay, we go." Sil reluctantly said, but if there was something that he really wanted, it was a friend, for real. He wouldn't let the others harm him if he could help it.

Brooklyn hunched down again and Chamberlain got on again. He leaped off the cliff, with Sil not looking again. He was apparently afraid of the takeoff.

It didn't take long for the red gargoyle to land in front of the castle. Chamberlain got off his back again. All the gliding sure did give his feet a rest, and he was back home a lot faster too. It was way faster than walking.

There were two Garthim in front of the castle. They sprang to life. "Not them again!" Brooklyn exclaimed.

"I handle them." Chamberlain said. He went up to the front of them. Brooklyn watched and saw that he wasn't afraid of them.