Demona's tempting and First visit to Central Park

The next night, Goliath still said that Brooklyn could take Sil to the park, but patrol had to come first. Then dinner. Only after that would the two of them be free to go.

Sil had greeted them as they woke up, like usual since he had come here. He would wait to eat until they came back this time.

From a building close by the Eyrie Building, there was a certain blue-skinned, redheaded female gargoyle using binoculars to watch the castle. She was trying to get a better look at the new creature that had come into the world when Brooklyn had been returned to them. She wasn't going to let a chance slip by her to get this creature on her side. She continued watching.

The clan took off on their patrol, leaving together this time. Even Hudson and Bronx came. It must have been serious if they were going too.

Demona saw the whole clan leave the castle. This would be her best chance to get in and talk to this creature. She saw that he was left behind. He didn't look too pleased.

She waited for the clan to get a good distance away before she left her place on the building. She glided over to the castle.

Sil was going to go to the TV room while he waited. He didn't get far as he heard a landing happen. Had Brooklyn come back? He took a look and he saw it was a gargoyle, but not the one he thought it was.

"Hey!" Demona called to him.

"You calling me?" Sil put a hand on his chest, referring to himself.

"Yes. Come here. I'd like to talk to you." she stated.

Chamberlain remembered some things that Brooklyn had said about this female gargoyle. He would be wary, but he went over to see her. But then, Demona wasn't so different from himself in some ways.

He got closer to her, but kept his distance. "Hmm, yes? You, Demona?" Sil asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Why you here?"

"I would like to find that out too, about you. Who, and what are you, Creature?" Demona demanded.

"Am Skeksis, from planet Thra. Name is SkekSil. Lord Chamberlain." Sil replied.

"Do you always talk like that?" she asked.

"Chamberlain always talk like this."

"Whatever. I came here to talk to you about if you would be interested in having a job?" Demona declared.

"Hm? What sort of job? Sure, want one to be part of this world. Also told you are immortal. That true?" he asked.

"Yes, it's true. As for the job, you would come and live with me at my facility, Nightstone Unlimited. It's full of possibilities." she explained. In reality, she was planning on getting him to be studied.

"How you become immortal, Chamberlain wants to know. Hmm?" Sil asked.

"It's not important. All I will say is that it was given by some magical sisters a long time ago. Do you want a job or not?" she demanded.

Sil put a finger to his mouth, thinking. "Hmm, want a job, yes. But not leaving castle. Would have to leave this clan?" he asked.

"Yes. You will have much better facilities than this. A real job. But what are your gifts, anyway?" Demona asked.

"Advisor. Politics. If for science reasons, not much into that. Help once in a while, but just not Chamberlain's best understanding of." Sil explained. "But wouldn't mind becoming immortal. Can Demona help with that?"

"No. Summoning magical beings isn't as easy as all that. But decide now. Do you want to work for me or not?" she demanded, getting fed up with him.

"Brooklyn say you try to harm him and clan many times." Sil declared.