Chapter 20

Brooklyn got the two of them home just about ten minutes before sunrise.

"Don't you wish you gargoyles not bound to the sunset and sunrise?" Sil asked.

"Sure, we do. The only thing that stops our stone sleep is magic. Like it does with Demona. She became human in daylight. And from what we've heard from Elisa, it's a painful transformation too." Brooklyn explained. "But Goliath got to see the sun once too, from wearing a talisman called the Eye of Odin. It changed him into a form of his inner self, to like the real Goliath. It even once transformed Fox into a werewolf on Halloween. It's back with the god, Odin himself. That type of magic, any kind from Oberon's people, is not wise to tamper with."

"What's Hallo-ween?" Sil asked.

"It's the greatest holiday of the year! At least we think so. It's the one day of the year where humans dress up as their favorite heroes and monsters and go out on the streets going door to door getting candy, though we don't do that. Here in New York, there's also great costume parties in the streets too. Our first Halloween where we dressed up, I dressed up like a pirate, Broadway was a detective, and Lex was a flyer pilot. Elisa dressed up as Belle from the movie, Beauty and the Beast. In a way, Goliath was the Beast." Brooklyn explained.

"When is this Hallo-ween?"

"This is the beginning of September now. Halloween is at the end of October, next month. It's still many weeks away. It'll start cooling off by then too. It'll be colder for humans, but the cold doesn't bother us gargoyles too much really. You'll probably be wearing all your robes by that time. They looked pretty heavy." Brook declared.

"Yes. Cooler on Thra. Needed more robes for warmth, other than demonstrating power." Sil proclaimed. "But you think even Chamberlain can go out on holiday?"

"Very likely, but with the Quarrymen out there, I really don't know. It might not be safe. We might just have to have our Halloween at home, at least until the Quarrymen are no longer a threat and who knows how long that will be." Brooklyn explained.

"Really want to go out and see city on street level, without patrol." Sil said.

"I know. We'll see what happens."

Shortly after, the clan came up and the gargoyles took their places. The sun came up and they went to sleep.

Sil had been very intrigued with this special holiday. If it was possible, he wanted to go out and see what happened on this day out in the streets. For now, though, he went to his room and went to bed himself.

..............

Demona was biding her time before she got that creature.

Dr. Sevarius was already bursting with ideas on what he could do with such a creature. He and many other evil geniuses always wondered if there really was life out there in outer space. The west was where it seemed to happen more so, Area 51 the most. But Sevarius was going to stay away from that. He would have his own study right here in the Big Apple, his rightful home.

But it was up to Demona to get him here to him.

...............

That night, the clan, even Hudson and Bronx, went out on patrol.

Goliath and Angela were helping out Elisa on another theft ring.

The Trio and Sil were patrolling together tonight. Sil rode on Brooklyn this time. He was getting much more involved with patrols.

Hudson and Bronx were patrolling the park. It did both of them good to get out of the castle at times.

The Trio and Sil were over the East Village at the moment. Suddenly, there was an explosion from down below them. Brooklyn jolted and it made Sil cling to his shoulders all the more. "Whoa!" he screamed.